Always up for a ride around the ACT area
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Always up for a ride around the ACT area

Always up for a ride around the ACT area 9 years, 8 months ago #8

• Andrew
  • Administrator
Hi,

If your looking for someone to go riding with shoot me a message or if you have a ride organised already and don't mind an extra person shout out.

Cya on the trails :woohoo:

Andrew

Re:Always up for a ride around the ACT area 9 years, 5 months ago #65

• drztroy
  • Gold Boarder
love to mate , but i dont live in the ACT anymore, i use to live in aranda, but im on the sunshine coast now,

Re:Always up for a ride around the ACT area 9 years, 5 months ago #75

• _liam_
  • Senior Boarder
Andrew have you got a username at dirtbikeworld.net? the local Canberra / Queanbo guys are all pretty good guys (those I've met anyway) and fun to ride with.
The grading system works well and while I think most of them like their g3/g4 single track at high speed, they were happy to take me out for a g2 day recently.

Re:Always up for a ride around the ACT area 9 years, 4 months ago #101

• drztroy
  • Gold Boarder
if there is anyone on or near the sunny coast keen for a ride let me know, any area suits me from the glasshouse to nanango im ok with any,drop me a message , cheers all ,

Re: Always up for a ride around the ACT area 7 years, 8 months ago #2451

• Hooty
  • Junior Boarder
These seem to be old posts ...

If any of the ACT or NSW riders are looking for mates re' rides in the Brindies / Talaganda / etc then let me know ...

Ride a fair bit in most directions, and know a lot of nice trails ...

Re: Always up for a ride around the ACT area 7 years, 8 months ago #2452

• Dano
  • Expert Boarder
Hooty

liam and merretta don't ride canberra anymore...merretta moved away and liam i've lost contact with.

me and Gun are canberra DRZ guys...I normally get on the rides from canberrariders.org or some dbw ones..Gun is a known talla rider too (and kowen)

I also ride with dsmra rides

I should be riding talla sunday with another (ex drz rider). PM me if you interested.

My user name is the same on canberrariders.org too if you check that out

Dan
Dan
09 Doctor

Re: Always up for a ride around the ACT area 7 years, 8 months ago #2453

• Hooty
  • Junior Boarder
Thanks Dano - I'll have a look at CanberraRiders - which for soem reason I had misread previously as Canberra Raiders ...

Good that yourself and Gun are still out there - had understood that Andrew had gone off to Adelaide ...

This Sunday I can't do, but the w/e following should be OK - I'll keep an eye on this thread and see whether anything is in the pipeline ...

Something I should fess up to - I don't actually ride a DRZ ... I almost bought one 6 months or so ago, and joined this forum at that time - but thought I would probably be doing some longer distance rides, so asked Vince Strang in Inverell to make up one of his DR650s for me - I've since clocked up about 12,000km on trails in the Brindies and Talaganda, and feel I should probably have gone for the DRZ ...

Anyway, if you are happy to be contaminated with a ring-in (at least it's a Suzuki), then it would be good to meet up for a ride.

Cheers, Hooty

Re: Always up for a ride around the ACT area 7 years, 8 months ago #2455

• wayno
  • Platinum Boarder
Maybe this site could include the DR 650 , there a very capable , popular bike ..???

Re: Always up for a ride around the ACT area 7 years, 8 months ago #2457

• Dano
  • Expert Boarder
Hooty wrote:
Thanks Dano - I'll have a look at CanberraRiders - which for soem reason I had misread previously as Canberra Raiders ...

Good that yourself and Gun are still out there - had understood that Andrew had gone off to Adelaide ...

This Sunday I can't do, but the w/e following should be OK - I'll keep an eye on this thread and see whether anything is in the pipeline ...

Something I should fess up to - I don't actually ride a DRZ ... I almost bought one 6 months or so ago, and joined this forum at that time - but thought I would probably be doing some longer distance rides, so asked Vince Strang in Inverell to make up one of his DR650s for me - I've since clocked up about 12,000km on trails in the Brindies and Talaganda, and feel I should probably have gone for the DRZ ...

Anyway, if you are happy to be contaminated with a ring-in (at least it's a Suzuki), then it would be good to meet up for a ride.

Cheers, Hooty

no probs - i don't mind what bike people have who i rdie with. Sing out for a ride.
Dan
09 Doctor

Re: Always up for a ride around the ACT area 7 years, 8 months ago #2460

• Hooty
  • Junior Boarder
Thanks,

Big ride today – up Drs Flat to Wee J, then down Nottingham to Brindy Rd – from there down Barnett and Bramina to Boundary, then Broken Cart down to Long Plain Rd – turned right and on to Adaminaby – stopped for lunch, then back up via Yaouk to Bobeyan and home via Namadgi – about 500km all up, incl. the side trips to and from Gundaroo ...

Knackered ...

No end of these rides to do – had some mates to ride with today, but everyone has complicated lives and often hard to find people with the time ...

Anyway, will see what’s happening next weekend ...

Cheers, Hooty.

Re: Always up for a ride around the ACT area 7 years, 5 months ago #2648

• Hooty
  • Junior Boarder
Putting together a long ride for Friday May 4th – a couple of DRZs – also a KTM625, a DR and a X-Challenge – bit of a mix.

Posted on the ADV and CRs sites also.

We’ll be meeting at Hoskinstown, sometime before 9:00am.

Enter Tallaganda via Mulloon FT, then travel south through various FTs to Numeralla – on to Cooma via dirt roads.

Lunch and fuel in Cooma, then via Shannon's Flat and Billilingra Rds (and 10km of slab) to the start of Chakola FT.

Follow Chakola to Dowling FT and the old gold mines - then continue through to Good Good FT and Jerangle Rd.

Up to Tinderry Rd, and across to Burra Rd - on up to Williamsdale.
From there, home in different directions.

The morning ride is about 200km – fuel in Cooma – afternoon about 160km – the DRZs with 17L tanks seem t be relaxed about these legs.

Anyone keen ... ?

Re: Always up for a ride around the ACT area 7 years, 5 months ago #2649

• Dano
  • Expert Boarder
very keen - I don't have a 17 tank but - so fuel carriage will be my issue. I'll confirm closer if thats OK
Dan
09 Doctor

Re: Always up for a ride around the ACT area 7 years, 5 months ago #2650

• Hooty
  • Junior Boarder
Dano wrote:
very keen - I don't have a 17 tank but - so fuel carriage will be my issue. I'll confirm closer if thats OK

Good news Dano - I'll keep an eye on this thread.

Probably cutting it a bit fine with a 10L stock tank - and good to have a little in reserve if we encounter a fallen tree or washout (etc) and need to double back a bit ...

Have you got a fuel bladder?

Will leave it with you - should be nice ride.

Re: Always up for a ride around the ACT area 7 years, 5 months ago #2651

• bundyjd
  • Senior Boarder
I've got a 12L fuel bladder you can borrow for the day if you like, as long as you have somewhere to securely strap it to the back of your bike. Just let us know if you need it.

Cheers,
JD

Re: Always up for a ride around the ACT area 7 years, 5 months ago #2652

• Dano
  • Expert Boarder
thx JD

I think I've sorted it - if Gun goes I'll steal fuel from his 27lt tank...else i will carry some.
Dan
09 Doctor
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.25 seconds