New slip on end can - rejet?
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: New slip on end can - rejet?

New slip on end can - rejet? 9 years ago #834

• Roge
  • Expert Boarder
  • What to ride today?
I've just fitted a DEP S3 muffler does the bike need rejetting? It seems to go and sound ok :unsure:
If there is a 50/50 chance of gettingb the right answer how come there is a 90% chance of getting it wrong

Re:New slip on end can - rejet? 9 years ago #842

• Good
  • Gold Boarder
I have read articles claiming the DRZ responds well to changes in intake and exhaust and no jetting changes are required.

On the other hand, I have read that the only way to get the most from your bike is on Dyno.

I have done the 3X3 mod, changed the airfilter to a hi-flo unit and played with the end cap. Initially, none of these changes made any difference, however now with the warmer weather the bike is suffering through the midrange (though I am not ruling out crud in the carbie either).

Re:New slip on end can - rejet? 9 years ago #843

• Roge
  • Expert Boarder
  • What to ride today?
Whats the 3x3 mod?
The bike revs easier I have noticed that the top end I lost when I went up to 47 teeth on the rear sprocket came back
If there is a 50/50 chance of gettingb the right answer how come there is a 90% chance of getting it wrong

Re:New slip on end can - rejet? 9 years ago #845

• Good
  • Gold Boarder
The 3X3 mod is just the catchy name that was given to the hole that is left when you pull out the snorkel in the airbox. Some people drill out the top of the airbox even more but I don't think this is required.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.24 seconds