Bash Plates
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Bash Plates

Bash Plates 9 years ago #695

• Good
  • Gold Boarder
Hi all,

I understand that the majority of you are probably running the B&B bash plate.

Currently I only have the standard skid plate arrangement and some CFC case savers.

I found a Hyde carbon fibre bash plate on e-bay the other day and was wondering if anyone had had any negative experiences with these. They are $40 - $60 cheaper than the B&B.

I work with aircraft, so I know carbon fibre is strong but only if it is layered and constructed properly.

Re:Bash Plates 9 years ago #700

• scotty
  • Expert Boarder
I have an RPP carbon fibre bash plate on mine. It is very tough and quite thick. It has taken some big hits and has some good scares on the bottom but still going strong.

When it was new.

Re:Bash Plates 9 years ago #702

• Good
  • Gold Boarder
Thanks for the review Scotty. I think (when I have the spare cash) I will give the Hyde one a crack. The thing I really like about it is how it moulds really well around the engine. (obviously attached pic is not a DRZ)
drz_carbo_bashplate.jpg

Re:Bash Plates 9 years ago #705

The Hyde bash plates aren't carbon fibre. They are a Teflon/Co-polymer plastic of some kind, or so their website says;
http://www.hyderacing.com/home.htm

So it will look like a bit of black plastic.

Re:Bash Plates 9 years ago #706

• Good
  • Gold Boarder
Thanks for that pneumatic, I would have been heaps disappointed if a lump of plastic turned up instead of carbon fibre. In saying that, it would be interesting to see how well it fitted by comparison to the alloy versions, however, I do think (now) the B&B bashplate is pretty good value.

Thanks Again

Goodie.

Re:Bash Plates 9 years ago #707

• Rocker
  • Expert Boarder
  • Never enough time to ride.
Was just looking at the force bash plates and noticed they now do them in black. Some sort of polmer coating.
Heres the link to the info.

www.forceaccessories.com.au/Page/News/BlackBash.php

I like the look of them. :)
4 wheels moves the body, 2 wheels moves the soul.

Re:Bash Plates 9 years ago #740

• xrman
  • Gold Boarder
I have used B&B plates on my last 4 bikes. All were good quality, but A real pain to get on and off for cleaning & maintenance. I have put a Force bashplate on the DRZ. It sems to have more access for cleaning ( perhaps potentially catching more mud)and a quick release method. I have not lived with it yet, so I can only comment that it seems to be a good system.

Re:Bash Plates 8 years, 12 months ago #878

• TC
  • Senior Boarder
I have been thinking about the force plate as well, mostly cause it looks tough lol. XRman does it have any bolt heads hanging out that can be damaged?

Re:Bash Plates 8 years, 12 months ago #881

• xrman
  • Gold Boarder
well sort of; one bolt that it just below the header pipe in a vertical level, in the midline. If you hit that with a rock ledge, I doubt that you would be stoppoed by just the bolt sticking out.
I don't think that it is an issue.

I pulled the Force bash plate off when I did the first oil change ( at 150km). it was quick to get off and only took a little effort to get back on. It was far easier than the B&B on my WRF. I cut holes in the b&B to let mud drain out better. It is a difficult to get at even with the pressure washer.

I have used 4 B&B units and never had a problem though.

Re:Bash Plates 8 years, 9 months ago #1245

• Rocker
  • Expert Boarder
decided that i would like to get the force bash plate, bujt would like to know if it will fit a 2010 model. On there website there is a pic of it on a drz but it looks like the bolt under the header is in the centre of the plate. When i look at my bike that bolt is off centre slightly.

Would love to know if it will fit if anyone can help.

Cheers ;)

Re:Bash Plates 8 years, 9 months ago #1249

• xrman
  • Gold Boarder
yes it fitted my 2010 model no problem

Re:Bash Plates 8 years, 9 months ago #1251

• Rocker
  • Expert Boarder
Thanks xrman, i shot an email of to force aswell and they confirmed also. Ordered one this arvo, so looking forward to getting it fitted and feeling a bit more protected on the tracks. :cheer:

Re:Bash Plates 8 years, 8 months ago #1270

• Rocker
  • Expert Boarder
I recieved my force bash plate this arvo. Looks very good and well built. will try and get it fitted tomorrow as ive already started on the beers today B) . i got the black one so will get some pics to show what it looks like on the bike. ;)

Re:Bash Plates 8 years, 8 months ago #1281

• Rocker
  • Expert Boarder
Got mine fitted yesterday. very happy with the quality and fit of the force bash plate. Will proberbably get a longer bolt for the front attachment. Not a issue but does make it easier to attach.

very happy with it and would recomend them. :)
P1010757.jpg

Re:Bash Plates 8 years, 8 months ago #1331

• ct7scott
  • Fresh Boarder
Hey Good, I'm riding a 2010 DRZ400 with a B&B bash plate. oil c hanges don't cause a problem, just v
pour a bit of degreaser down the plate and hose out. too easy. I also work in the aircraft industry (L.A.M.E 1,5,6,10 SAAB340, CT7, TPE331, P&W100, EMB120 ) and personally I wouldn't touch carbon fibre as once scoured it is heavily comprimised with structual fibre tears plus water ingress, she's all over.
cheers ct7scott
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.30 seconds