you are here:
Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

Which Boots?
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Which Boots?

Which Boots? 9 years, 1 month ago #551

I am just starting to get in to the sport and I am looking for a good pair of boots that are comfortable for long rides at a half decent price.

I have never owned a pair of mx boots before, so I don't want to try them on in the shop thinking they are A OK then find after a days ride I can hardly walk.

The bike shops just want to sell me the most expensive boots.

1) What sort of money should you pay to get a decent boot?

2) What boots can everyone recommed.

I found the article below, but not sure if it is just marketing?

www.motorcycle-usa.com/389/186/Motorcycle-Article/Fox-Forma-Pro-Boots-Review.aspx

Re:Which Boots? 9 years, 1 month ago #556

• Good
  • Gold Boarder
I have Answer Faser boots. Ballards were selling them for $140-$160 a pair which (I think) is good value. I find them very comfortable and they provide good ancle movement.

Mine were second hand and are pretty flogged now, but I won't even consider another boot. As they say, if your on a good thing....stick to it.

Re:Which Boots? 9 years, 1 month ago #559

• daz80j
  • Expert Boarder
  • DRZ 400E 2005
i bought a pair off second hand fly boots......and if you are like me and this is your first set of boots, i can tell you it wont matter what boots you are wearing cause the first couple of rides you are going to think shit how can you ride in these....they will get caught on the frame bolt, depending on the bike setup you might have to adjust the gear lever cause you cant get your boot in there properly......i would advise anyone who hasnt had boots before by some $100 2nd hand boots on ebay and get use to wearing boots.....also brand new boots are stiff and have hardly any give (unless they are $700 alpinestars.....and after 5 or 6 rides all boots look second hand no matter what brand or price

Re:Which Boots? 9 years, 1 month ago #567

• Roy
  • Senior Boarder
My advice would be to spend as much as you can afford to on boots. It's my experience you really get what you pay for when buying boots and they can be the difference between a great day and a bad day. I think they're probably the most important bit of gear you can get when getting in to the sport. Everything else is pretty much a fashion statement but boots need to be comfortable, durable and safe as well. Personally I have Sidi Crossfires. They are quite expensive but after much lobbying to the MOWAF, I still think they were worth every penny!

Re:Which Boots? 9 years, 1 month ago #568

• Belly from oz
  • Junior Boarder
  • Enjoy whatever you do to the upmost.
Hey Troy,
I've had various boots over the years but my current pair are the best.
My girlfreind bought herself a pair of Fox Comp 5 (abot $270) and they were her first set of boots. She said she bought them because they were comfortable and looked good. I have never known a pair of motocross boots to be comfortable but I wore them around for a bit for her to get them loosened up a bit and yes they were comfortable so I have a pair as well now. Not only were these her first set of boot but she had just gotten her L's as well, so everything was new. She had no problems with the boots once I had loosened them up a bit. So, whatever you get, wear them around the house like a dork for a while, up and down stairs and bending the ankles. when they are comfy then go out on the bike. Adjust your gear lever up so that you can get your boot under it, but it isn't that critiacl because you can actually change gears buy having the side of your boot against the lever. The other thing is that you won't have any feel of the rear brake with your foot so you will have to feel it through the bike when you lock it up. This will get easier as you get accustomed to it. Get the COMP 5's, they are good.

Re:Which Boots? 9 years, 1 month ago #569

• wayno
  • Platinum Boarder
Yes comp 5 same here there good

Re:Which Boots? 9 years, 1 month ago #570

wish i had asked this question before I got myself some new boots. My AXO Darts feel like they're gonna take awhile to soften up.

Re:Which Boots? 9 years, 1 month ago #571

• Action
  • Fresh Boarder
Hey Guys,
I have a pair of Oneal Clutch boots, first ride out they were a night mare :( but after 5 hours in the saddle they were and still are great. And they were only about $200 (i think)
Action

Re:Which Boots? 9 years, 1 month ago #572

I have Shift Combat boots, around the $200 mark. I filled them with water and went riding for a few hours, that broke them in a little. Now after quite a few rides they are a lot better.

I had to lift my shifter up one spline to get my boot under it.

Re:Which Boots? 9 years, 1 month ago #577

• Dano
  • Expert Boarder
fox comp5 boots are on sale at mcas.com.au 199 bucks.

I have axo which have been great - but heard the comp5 are pretty comfy boot.
Dan
09 Doctor

Re:Which Boots? 9 years, 1 month ago #581

• Belly from oz
  • Junior Boarder
  • Enjoy whatever you do to the upmost.
Troycomp14, Thank Dano for the info and go get those comp 5's. You won't be sorry. $199.00, way good price.

Re:Which Boots? 9 years, 1 month ago #582

Hi Guys, Can't believe all the responses. They have all been helpful.
Thanks.

Re:Which Boots? 9 years, 1 month ago #583

• Dano
  • Expert Boarder
If you live in sydney go to the MCAS store on parramatta road and upstairs they have all their sale gear and the boots are up there - need to check to see if their web site is the same...could pay to give them a call.
Dan
09 Doctor

Re:Which Boots? 9 years, 1 month ago #585

• Good
  • Gold Boarder
It does sound like it would have been easier to ask which boots shouldn't I buy

Re:Which Boots? 9 years, 1 month ago #589

• Andrew
  • Administrator
I was thinking about just getting some cheap Answers from Ballards, but you guys are talking me into the Fox Comp5. My current boots are Fox Trackers and they have lasted three and a half years and used everyday communiting to work.

Info from www.ballards.cc

"ANSWER FAZER BOOTS

The same boots that have been praised by reports is now also the best value boot in Australia.

Were $195

Now Just $144

Only from Ballards Offroad

Sizes 07-14

GET IN WHILE STOCKS LAST!

(freight $9 Australia Wide)

**Boots don't fit? No problems, post them back and we will send you a new size FREE!"

Answer.jpg
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.37 seconds