Username Password: Remember me

New To Forum
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: New To Forum

New To Forum 4 years, 2 months ago #4943

• stunva
  • Fresh Boarder
Bought a 2006 DRZ400 on the weekend. Found this forum and thought I should at least join even if I can't offer years of wisdom and advice to anyone. Hopefully someone will help me along the way as I'm sure I'll have plenty of questions.

In the past I've mainly stuck with road bikes and currently have a GSXR750 for track days and a MT09 for road riding. I enjoy pulling bikes apart and putting them back together a little differently.

Fairly new to the dirt though, I had a dirt bike back in the early 80s for a year.

I've got a question that I hope someone can help me with. I'm a short guy, 5'6", I know no one can help me with that so I will be lowering the DR to at least get one foot on the ground. I was thinking I'd just make up a couple of longer dog bones and slide the forks up and shave a inch or two of the stock seat.
My question is what distance apart do the holes need to be on the dog bones to get 1" lower and 2" lower. The DR650 I had was a 3:1 ratio, so holes 10mm further apart gave a drop in seat height of 30mm. Is the DRZ400 the same ? I've done a few hours of searching the web and can't confirm it.

Hope to talk soon, maybe some pics once I get it on the road, should have rego for this weekend, woohoo.

Re: New To Forum 4 years, 2 months ago #4945

• wayno
  • Platinum Boarder
Welcome , I rode a lowered drz once but it still had standard bars on , so the forks were still pretty much in the standard position , which made the bike corner poorly ? lowering links can be bought online .The e model frame is the same in size as the motard frame (a lot of little differences that wouldn't effect you ) im thinking , why not have a look at a motard front end , rear shock and swing arm ? second hand shouldn't be to much .I had a motard for a year or two , there a goog set up ? good luck ......oh and about the height you would be looking at
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.21 seconds