Username Password: Remember me

Sa Rides
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Sa Rides

Sa Rides 4 years, 4 months ago #4826

• Tahcam
  • Senior Boarder
For anyone interested in SA Rides , I'm putting this page together in the hope a few more might get on board.. Give it a go if you're keen.. Start Getting some rides happening!

www.facebook.com/groups/366787850187536/

Re: Sa Rides 4 years, 3 months ago #4864

• Owl
  • Senior Boarder
Gone on any rides yet? Where abouts do you ride? Im south but Iv been out to some areas around Eudunda a bit.

Re: Sa Rides 4 years, 3 months ago #4870

• Tahcam
  • Senior Boarder
G'day Owl,

Nah haven't been on any rides yet, I'm out North... I'm hoping to get out and about soon! ( I need a new pair of boots and gloves first , lol)

Re: Sa Rides 4 years, 3 months ago #4872

• Besty
  • Senior Boarder
Owls I am in the Hills @ Bridgewater can meet @ Kuitpo sometime? Join the FB page mate numbers are the go .

Re: Sa Rides 4 years, 3 months ago #4873

• Owl
  • Senior Boarder
A friend of mine told me you were aloud to ride in Kuitpo but iv never actually seen a gate open anywhere when riding past. Do they still allow you to ride in there when it's wet?

Re: Sa Rides 4 years, 3 months ago #4877

• Tahcam
  • Senior Boarder
Besty wrote:
Join the FB page mate numbers are the go .

Re: Sa Rides 4 years, 3 months ago #4878

• Tahcam
  • Senior Boarder
Yeah, there has to be some places to ride... I've heard Palmer is good ... And a few places up around eudunda ...

Re: Sa Rides 4 years, 3 months ago #4882

• Owl
  • Senior Boarder
I haven't heard of anything around Palmer. Would be good to check it out.
Iv tried a couple of times to do this narrow single trail that goes for a couple hundred KM near Eudunda, Sedan but my mates Yamahas and Kawasakis keep breaking down.
At the moment I'm riding around in an old disused quarry just around the corner, good area to practice in. Usually other bikes and 4wd there whenever I go and everyone there is pretty friendly.

Re: Sa Rides 4 years, 3 months ago #4883

• Besty
  • Senior Boarder
From what I have seen with Kuitpo you can no longer ride in the paddocks like you used to. There are still plenty of main roads that intersect through that get greasy enough to make it worth it plus you can get off the edge of these a bit as well but the scenery is pretty good.

Re: Sa Rides 4 years, 3 months ago #4935

• Owl
  • Senior Boarder
Got your boots and gloves yet?
I just noticed the FB page is down.

Re: Sa Rides 4 years, 3 months ago #4936

• Besty
  • Senior Boarder
Owl whete are you mate happy to meet @kuitpo sometime or wherever is easy?

Re: Sa Rides 4 years, 3 months ago #4938

• xrman
  • Gold Boarder
Hi fellow DRZ riders.
I am situated on SW Victoria just over from Mt. Gambier but I have been up Adelaide way on my DRZ a few times on the way to the Flinders ranges.

If you want to find some good rides get yourself set up for GPS use and look at www.transaustraliatrail.com.au and on there you will find GPS tracks of rides people have done and uploaded to Taut to share.

Other than that go to www.advrider; regions; australia; SA riders and you will find an active group on there that do rides in your locality.

Teh DRZ is capable of doing long rides as long as you change the gearing a bit ( 15/44 sprockets) and get a 12 L fuel bladder to carry extra fuel.

If you want to do a two-three day ride come down the Portland and try the SWAT. It is a cross country tour of SW Victoria using GPS. ( find the GPS route on Taut)

If you know nothing about GPS, buy issue 11 of Advnture Rider Magazine and on page 62 there is an article on how to use a PC and GPS. I wrote it!

AMCN also has a good edition I bought at Marion shopping centre on the weekend. A good read on Adv riding.

GO Power!

Re: Sa Rides 4 years, 3 months ago #4940

• Owl
  • Senior Boarder
Will check it out. I'm pretty keen on trying to enter a couple of amateur events or rides in SA. My bikes completely set up for enduro already.

I'm sort of around Woodcroft area but won't be ready to ride properly for a week or so. I have a leaking CS seal and need new sprockets. Still working out what sort of gearing to go with.

Re: SA Rides 4 years, 1 month ago #5065

• Besty
  • Senior Boarder
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.24 seconds