Riding Spots Legal and Illegal
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Riding Spots Legal and Illegal

Riding Spots Legal and Illegal 9 years, 2 months ago #401

• daz80j
  • Expert Boarder
  • DRZ 400E 2005
hey guys im just wondering about decent riding spots legal and illegal. for example fire trails through a national park or propertys that people are able to access.....i went for a ride today up to winmalee and yarramundi and all the riding tracks are only availible for walkers a push bikes they are fenced of...i would like to start a thread about locations with track descriptions ie sand gravel dirt mud ect and even maps and gps positions would be handy to save having to hunt for trails

Re:Riding Spots Legal and Illegal 9 years, 2 months ago #402

• wayno
  • Platinum Boarder
Great idea daz A lot of tracks at this time of year are closed around national parks by the DSE ..... Here in victoria ?? At anglesea on sunday the DSE were stopping riders and warning them to stay on the main tracks ......I think mainly because its winter and the extra damage it can do .... Myself.. i just have the full rego ....wont cover me all the time but will help when riding along the main dirt roads ..... The otways national park has a lot of tracks (fire trails) blocked of .... but as far as i know all the single tracks are ok to ride ..... Out the back of meredith (Eilane area) havent seen any of the tracks blocked off ..... Its a really nice spot to ride even when wet ... A bit rocky in spots and some nice hills to test you out .... good luck with it daz nothing worse when ya day out cost ya $200 bucks

Re:Riding Spots Legal and Illegal 9 years, 2 months ago #403

• wayno
  • Platinum Boarder
Found this .....DSE gave me a map on sunday and has this web site address www.dse.vic.gov.au/trailbikes should help out any of the vic riders ......

Re:Riding Spots Legal and Illegal 9 years, 2 months ago #404

• daz80j
  • Expert Boarder
  • DRZ 400E 2005
good info....thnx

Re:Riding Spots Legal and Illegal 9 years, 1 month ago #591

• Good
  • Gold Boarder
For people in the Newcastle area, I can't recommend Nerong State Forrest highly enough. They are logging at the moment but nothing much happens on the weekends and the single trails are effected much at all at the moment. It has some great variety from some awesome single trail to some gnarly hill climbs and even some fire trails too.

Stroud was entertaining when I went there too and is sort of a cross between Nerong and Stroud (riding wise). A few of the guys I ride with go from Nerong to Stroud and have a counter lunch and then return. You have to plan ahead as the Servo is open when they feel like it (or so it seems) and the Booral servo doesn't sell fuel any more. The DRZ would prob do the round trip on a tank of juice, but one of the guys I ride with can't (CRE 500 hybrid - CRE500 in CRF450X frame) and the other regular guys would struggle (CRF450X and KTM530)

There is also Wallaroo, but there is not allot of single trail there, it is mainly rutted out 4wd tracks and a quarry or two. The main danger at Wallaroo is the 4wd's but it is good for the novice rider...unless it rains, venture into a puddle and you could find the bike disappear.

Some people ride out the back of the Salt ash weapons range but it is flat and at this time of year boggy as.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.17 seconds