you are here:

Private Messages

You are not logged in.

Hot Topics

More Topics »

Login form

Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

New to the Drz400e world and looking for one!
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: New to the Drz400e world and looking for one!

New to the Drz400e world and looking for one! 7 years, 1 month ago #3849

Hi all,

New to the forum and freshly on the market for a Drz400e!

Ive just sold my Rm250 2-stroke as I am looking to ride on the road as well as trails.

Basically I'm looking for some personal experiences with the trusty Drz, How's the engine life? essential modifications? pretty much everything and anything I should know.

also, feel free to throw out a sales pitch if you're located in Victoria :)

Cheers, Ryan

Re: New to the Drz400e world and looking for one! 7 years, 1 month ago #3854

• midrz
  • Senior Boarder
Hi mate these bikes are such a trusty steed I've been borrowing a mates 400E for awhile now after owning an assortment of suzukis & hondas. For me the DRZ is a great choice if you're after a honest & reliable trail bike, so after some looking around have just picked up a very low km gem myself proving there is still some low km second hand bikes to be had. One bike I did look at & believe is still for sale is at MOTO GC in Thomastown (03)90389133 it has a little over 1000 kms on it,a few extras, has rec reg but the dealers offering to road worthy & full rego for around $6000..Good hunting.

Re: New to the Drz400e world and looking for one! 7 years ago #3891

• xrman
  • Gold Boarder
You could try Thumpertalk.com .There is a DRZ400 forum and an Australian owners thread. Someone might have a bike for sale.

You could also try Adventurerider.com. There is an Australian regional section. They have a flea market and a wanted to buy section.

I think mods depend on your size, weight and hoe much street use you want from your DRZ.

If you want to do 80% road and 20 % trails look at a DR650. There are plenty of low Km. bikes for about $5000 with all the farkles done. The DR has better gear box ratios fo rroad ridiing, but old fashioned suspension. Short legs ( 30 inch inseem) are better suited to the DR than the DRZ

If you wil be doing more trail than road the DRZ is a better bike.

If you weigh more than say 70 kg you will need stronger springs and preferably a revalve if you are quick. If you are over 170 cm you will want bar risers.

Nice to have but not essential mods:
1) rallemoto steering damper
2) ACT wide ratio gear box conversion
3) FMF Q4 or similar muffler
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.13 seconds