you are here:
Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: tyres

tyres 6 years, 4 months ago #3733

• drztroy
  • Gold Boarder
can anyone recommend a good dual sport rear tyre ive tride a few so far and cant seem to get much more the 1500 k's out of them. to be honest the bridgstone gritty that it came out with lasted the longest.. i didnt mine the rear but the front gritty was poo.

Re: tyres 6 years, 4 months ago #3734

• Owey
  • Expert Boarder
I run the bridgestone gritty 80/100-21 (ED-11) front and the gritty 120/90-18 (ED-12) rear. I run 12 psi and have found these as the best all round tyres. Don't take too much notice of the kms I get, but I get about 2000kms from a rear and do about 2 rears to one front. I change the rear when its about 30%. hope that helps.

This is about 95% trail riding - sand/dirt/limestone/quartz/etc etc. this terrain is pretty rough on tyres and some of the other tyres my mates use have been shredded pretty quickly. These tyres also wear very even and don't loose chunks or knobs like some others.

Re: tyres 6 years, 4 months ago #3735

• Stricko
  • Expert Boarder
Troy, Ive gone through about 10 plus rear tyres and 4 front over the years on my DRZ. The last 2 Ive run are the Michelin AC10's also run at about 12psi with heavy duty tubes. Got about 3000 from one mostly dirt, gravel with a bit of bitumen, and the current one has about 1500 and is still at 75% - Im happy with it - Some hate them ? just my 2 cents worth
Just another happy DRZ'er :) with just about all the mods done I need ( or that the wife will allow)

Re: tyres 6 years, 4 months ago #3736

• my400e
  • Senior Boarder
drztroy wrote:
can anyone recommend a good dual sport rear tyre ive tride a few so far and cant seem to get much more the 1500 k's out of them. to be honest the bridgstone gritty that it came out with lasted the longest.. i didnt mine the rear but the front gritty was poo.

Ha ha ha that's my thoughts on the front gritty too.

Re: tyres 6 years, 4 months ago #3738

• drztroy
  • Gold Boarder
cheers fellas

Re: tyres 6 years, 4 months ago #3744

• wayno
  • Platinum Boarder
For a Dual sport tyre i use the bridgestone trail wing , there not going to take you places the ED-12 will , but there not to bad in the dirt and stick really well on the road . Im guessing you would have to at least double the ks your getting now .
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.16 seconds