DRZ Voyage
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: DRZ Voyage

DRZ Voyage 6 years, 5 months ago #3627

• Roge
  • Expert Boarder
  • What to ride today?
Not got the DRZ any more but thought you guys might like to see this guy doing a DRZ water crossing or voyage I would call it.

www.yamahasupertenere.com/index.php?topic=8174.0
If there is a 50/50 chance of gettingb the right answer how come there is a 90% chance of getting it wrong

Re: DRZ Voyage 6 years, 5 months ago #3633

• merretta
  • Administrator
Awesome water crossing video thanks Roge. I've now been without my DRZ for nearly two years :( On a positive note it looks like I am moving back to Canberra and once I am settled I will pickup another DRZ and start paying attention to website again.

Admin
2015 DR-Z400E, Powernow Intake, Edge LED Tail Light. Pro Taper Bars, Bark Busters, Suzuki Bash Plate, B&B case saver

Re: DRZ Voyage 6 years, 5 months ago #3634

• drztroy
  • Gold Boarder
thats just nuts,,
i have all my breather hoses in the air box and still my drz hates water , cant figure it out,, even if the water is at bottom of the frame ???

Re: DRZ Voyage 6 years, 5 months ago #3636

• wayno
  • Platinum Boarder
As the subject here is all about water ? does anyone know which hoses should be run up to the air box , im sure i read some where that only two hoses need to be put up out of the way . But i have no idea which ones ???

Re: DRZ Voyage 6 years, 5 months ago #3637

• my400e
  • Senior Boarder
Hi Wayno, I researched this alot before I did mine and found this.....

It is a mistake to run vent hoses into the air box. You are getting away with it because the other end of the vents are open and when submerged in water the you are going slow. The purpose of the vents is to keep a standared reference pressure (atmospheric) on the fuel in the float bowl. Anything that upsets that standard reference pressure affects fuel delivery. Pressure in the air box is not atmospheric, at least no all the time. On a KTM, the "air box" is not very well sealed, more of an air chamber. Your vent design is good but I would move the end of the hose out of the air box to some place in still air.

I "T" vented mine and ran the hoses up near the Radiator (see pic)
Very easy, yes there is only the two. Once you pull your tank off it is pretty easy to see which two. If your in Brisbane, you can come over if your still not sure how to do it if that helps.
I set mine up for the run up to the tip (Cape York) and back. Ran very well through the numerous creek crossings

Re: DRZ Voyage 6 years, 5 months ago #3639

• my400e
  • Senior Boarder
[attachment:1]C:\fakepath\IMG_0008.JPG[/attachment]
[spoiler][/spoiler]
sorry can't seem to get a photo link to work :-(

Re: DRZ Voyage 6 years, 5 months ago #3640

• wayno
  • Platinum Boarder
Thanks for the offer to help but im in geelong ,not sure why but i cant open the pictures .Might be because you have just loaded them im not sure .Are the hoses on one side of the carby in a particular spot ? .

Re: DRZ Voyage 6 years, 5 months ago #3641

• my400e
  • Senior Boarder
Pm me with your mobile number if you'd like and I will send some photos that way ..

Re: DRZ Voyage 6 years, 5 months ago #3642

• my400e
  • Senior Boarder

Re: DRZ Voyage 6 years, 5 months ago #3643

• wayno
  • Platinum Boarder
My phone is an old one and doesnt accept photos lol , are the two hoses in a particular spot on the carby that you could describe ? Thanks ill check out that link now .. cheers .. You still have good riding weather up there (lucky bugger) ..

Re: DRZ Voyage 6 years, 5 months ago #3644

• my400e
  • Senior Boarder
LOL yeah still OK up here.
Good luck with it. I was thinking how on earth do I do this too, but honestly, once you have got your tank off, it is an easy (and a must do for deep creek crossings) mod to do. We did a practice ride (fully set up for the Cape) before we set off, and before I "T" vented it, my bike would stop in the middle as soon as the water was above the foot pegs. Not anymore....

Re: DRZ Voyage 6 years, 5 months ago #3645

• wayno
  • Platinum Boarder
Thanks for the link , but they dont show or explain which two hoses they are ? . If you get time to put a picture up that would be great . cheers ....

Re: DRZ Voyage 6 years, 5 months ago #3649

• drztroy
  • Gold Boarder
thanx for the link , helped heaps, I will let you know next weekend on how it goes.

Re: DRZ Voyage 6 years, 5 months ago #3651

• my400e
  • Senior Boarder

Re: DRZ Voyage 6 years, 5 months ago #3652

• my400e
  • Senior Boarder
Ok this is going to be interesting,I hope you understand without pics, just bear with me LOL.

Looking down at your carby (with the carb still installed on the bike, tank off) there are two "clear hoses that run over the top of the carb itself. These are the hoses I "T" vented.

Now for something VERY interesting for those how do not wish to replace the stock "clear hoses. (I replaced the lot with blue silicon hose, BUT you certainly don't have too).
SUZUKI have already T vented the carb, some people just run one line up and one down.
The T vents are on each side of the carb, roughly half way down.

The people that just re route one line up (each side) will have 3 "clear lines hanging out the bottom. Stay with me..... lol. This is the easiest way.

The way I did it was to install an extra 2 T vents on the top of the carb where the hoses loop over. I now have 2 lines heading up to the radiators and still have the factory look of 5 "clear" (mine are blue) hoses hanging out the bottom. This way is harder and created more work than I had too, but that was what I wanted.

Most IMPORTANTLY both ways do the EXACT same thing, only one way (the way I did it) takes longer and costs more..... oh well, the blue silicon hoses look trick lol.

Good luck with it.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.28 seconds