• Page:

TOPIC: ..........and another Newbie

..........and another Newbie 9 years, 3 months ago #301

• Roge
  • Expert Boarder
  • What to ride today?
Hi

Just found this site and read some useful stuff so I have registered

I live in the Barossa S.A. and have a 2007 DRZ400E which I have had from new, it lives alongside a 2010 BMW R1200 GS Adventure and R100 GSPD Classic, I have no particular favourite and the choice in the moring going to work is a matter of mood and weather.

The DRZ has some bits bolted on:-
17ltr Safari Tank
Ergo Bark Buster
B&B Bashplate, case savers and rack
RAM mount ball for GPS
Universal Pro taper bars and risers
LED rear light and tail tidy
Performance exhaust end cap

What would I like to add:
Soft pannier bags and racks
Somewhere to holster a rifle (locked) - any clues

Its a little gem

cheers

Roge
If there is a 50/50 chance of gettingb the right answer how come there is a 90% chance of getting it wrong

Re:..........and another Newbie 9 years, 2 months ago #302

• TC
  • Senior Boarder
I've thought about the rifle thing too...

Check this out:

opsgear

Re:..........and another Newbie 9 years, 2 months ago #303

• drztroy
  • Gold Boarder
I can just see it roge,,,,,,
cruisin down the Great Ocean Road on the mighty DR-Z with Pump action shotie hangin off the side,,,
sholdnt be a prob but i dont think they local constabulary will think the same ,,,
funny thourght though dont ya think ??? lol

Re:..........and another Newbie 9 years, 2 months ago #304

• Roge
  • Expert Boarder
  • What to ride today?
I spoke the local constabulary, as long as it is covered and carried or locked on the bike it should not be an issue
If there is a 50/50 chance of gettingb the right answer how come there is a 90% chance of getting it wrong

Re:..........and another Newbie 9 years, 2 months ago #305

• Roge
  • Expert Boarder
  • What to ride today?
Interesting picture though going to a servo with a scabarded rifle across your back

Re:..........and another Newbie 9 years, 2 months ago #309

• wayno
  • Platinum Boarder
Hi Roge could you tell me please how close is your safari tank to the head and barrell on the left side ??

Re:..........and another Newbie 9 years, 2 months ago #312

• Roge
  • Expert Boarder
  • What to ride today?
wayno wrote:
Hi Roge could you tell me please how close is your safari tank to the head and barrell on the left side ??

If your talking about the part of the tank where the fuel tap is I can get 2 fingers down there or just over 40mm. If this is not what you are after post a picture and I will go and measure it

Re:..........and another Newbie 9 years, 2 months ago #317

• wayno
  • Platinum Boarder
Thanks Roge thats what i was after ..........seems mine is a lot closer ....... but i did buy it for the S model i had awhile ago.......not sure if thats the reason why ?????

Re:..........and another Newbie 9 years, 2 months ago #347

• Roge
  • Expert Boarder
  • What to ride today?
Roge wrote:
wayno wrote:

If your talking about the part of the tank where the fuel tap is I can get 2 fingers down there or just over 40mm. If this is not what you are after post a picture and I will go and measure it

So what's the plan now?

Re:..........and another Newbie 9 years, 2 months ago #367

• wayno
  • Platinum Boarder
Um....not sure ??.....the only difference (and only just thought of it).......when i bought the tank for the S model .....I do remember it came with two rubber strips that went down the sides of each radiater .........And of course i didnt have those in place when i tryed it on the E model....doh...so i will try that and if it dont work ill probably try to sell it .........I do remember it was a firm fit ........so of to clark rubber ..and see how i go

Re:..........and another Newbie 9 years, 2 months ago #388

• Roge
  • Expert Boarder
  • What to ride today?
There is a piece of rubber which was quite thick that sat over the frame which would lift the tank by maybe 5-8mm which may give some clearance.

Good luck

Re:..........and another Newbie 9 years, 2 months ago #389

• wayno
  • Platinum Boarder
Thanks Roge
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.19 seconds