Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

Rear tyre going flat......
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Rear tyre going flat......

Rear tyre going flat...... 8 years, 3 months ago #2544

Gday lads,
I'm out of ideas, my rear tyre keeps going flat. I changed tyres a while ago and got sidetracked and forgot to do the bead lock up, it was fine on that ride, but after I tightened it up and went on another, she started going down. I replaced the tube (HD type) and went on a ride, but she was flat again the next day, new tube again and same prob again. It cant be ive missed a spot in the tube and its still got a leak, cos they were new, I felt agound the inside of the rim and felt nothing. Im out of ideas, anyone got any please.

Ta, Ian.

Re: Rear tyre going flat...... 8 years, 3 months ago #2546

• xrman
  • Gold Boarder
check your spoke ends are covered by the rubber band or duct tape.
check where the hole is in the tube ( hold it under water in a bucket) and see if thsi gives you a clue where the hole is in relation to the wheel.
Is there something sticking thorugh the tyre?
did you pinch the tube when installing the tyre?
Is the valve defective?

Re: Rear tyre going flat...... 8 years, 3 months ago #2591

any luck, what did you find?

Re: Rear tyre going flat...... 8 years, 3 months ago #2600

Absolutely no idea. Got it off, checked, and checked.....and checked and cant find any leaks or issues, put it back on and 2 days later, flat again, did it again, but replaced the tube....again! and still, 2 days later...... flat. So I thought, i must be buggering up, which is fair enough, im no mechanic, took it to a mechanic, same bloody prob. Im thinking of looking for a new rim, dont know where else to go unfortunately, or maybe completely strip the old rim and check it with a bloody magnifying glass.

Ta for your help lads.

Re: Rear tyre going flat...... 8 years, 3 months ago #2603

• wayno
  • Platinum Boarder
aaahhh i think i have this worked out, the mystery flat tyre problem , i had one a few years ago , then i divorced her , no more flat tyre problems . Go and ask her nicely to stop letting your tyre down .. problem solved .. ha ha ha ..

Re: Rear tyre going flat...... 8 years, 3 months ago #2610

• kipo
  • Senior Boarder
You may have a spit in the tyre. Sometimes they are hard to find by just looking at it. But when the weight is placed on the rear tyre the spit opens up and pinches the tube. Take the tyre off, push it along the shed floor with some weight on it, do this all the way round and see if a spit opens up.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.15 seconds