Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

Newbie in Adelaide
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Newbie in Adelaide

Newbie in Adelaide 8 years, 9 months ago #2114

Hi Guys,

I'm a newbie, literally, to the dirt/enduro scene and this site. I have just bought a 2009 DRZ400E which is being set up as a touring bike with a 28L tank and other goodies. While I have ridden bikes for most of my life - never a dirt/enduro type bike. I found this site to be very informative and among other factors influenced my decision to buy the DRZ400E to get me started.

I'm 45, work full time and have two kids under 15 yrs. Other than riding my other passion is 4x4 driving/touring. So if anyone is in Adelaide and looking for someone to ride with, let me know.

Cheers
Scarecrow

Re: Newbie in Adelaide 8 years, 9 months ago #2115

• xrman
  • Gold Boarder
Welcome Scarecrow,

If you want to go trail riding look up DSMRA or AMTRA clubs . Both operate in Adelaide.

Join one or both!

I know the DSMRA rides are listed on Dirt bike world website in the SA section for organize a ride yourself.

There are a few DRZ riders on ADVrider website too. Kipo is on here as well. They ride in the mid North areas.

So a mature age rider with a 28L tank! You could enter the APC rally in 2012. Google it.

Enjoy your DRZ.

Re: Newbie in Adelaide 8 years, 9 months ago #2118

• kipo
  • Senior Boarder
G'day scarecrow and welcome.

We ride the Flinders a lot and if you ever want to venture up this way keep an eye out for rides posted on dirt bike world or advrider as xrman said.

Cheers, Kipo

Re: Newbie in Adelaide 8 years, 9 months ago #2119

Thanx XRMAN and KIPO. Will certainly keep a look out on the sites you've suggested. I haven't picked up my bike yet as it is being kitted up - can't wait to get out there.

Cheers
scarecrow

Re: Newbie in Adelaide 8 years, 9 months ago #2120

• Grumpy
  • Senior Boarder
Welcome to the forum mate. My brother and I often go for a low paced rides on the weekend. Just go out for some fun and an easy pace if your interested. We live in salisbury.

Cheers Steven. Dbw user.name. klx_dude.

Re: Newbie in Adelaide 8 years, 9 months ago #2121

• Roge
  • Expert Boarder
  • What to ride today?
I'm in the barossa
If there is a 50/50 chance of gettingb the right answer how come there is a 90% chance of getting it wrong

Re: Newbie in Adelaide 8 years, 8 months ago #2186

Hey KIPO

Read your article on the Flinders Classic IV in the Trail Bike Adventure Magazine. Great stuff. Hope to ride in the next one. Small world, I know Trevor professionally.

Scarecrow

Re: Newbie in Adelaide 8 years, 8 months ago #2187

• kipo
  • Senior Boarder
Hi Scarecrow, Glad you liked it. Hope you can make it next year. Keep in touch with Trev as next years F;inders Classic will probably be a more low key affair, with invites rather than posted on a public forum.

Cheers, Kipo

Re: Newbie in Adelaide 8 years, 8 months ago #2196

Hey Grumpy

I'm not too far away from you guys and it'd be great if I could ride with you. I live in Wynn Vale. Next time you and your brother go riding give me a Hoy.

Cheers

Scarecrow.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.18 seconds