Confused DRZ400e
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Confused DRZ400e

Confused DRZ400e 1 month, 1 week ago #17506

• Baroda
  • Fresh Boarder
Hello from the UK,

First time posting on here, so hello all.

I purchased a 2003 DRZ400e, done 2,900 miles and when purchased ran well. It had been sitting around for around 8 years not being used. The chap took it to a garage prior to selling to get it road worthy and running right again. Spent £700 on it which included (I’ve got the receipt);

New battery,
Comp carb overhaul kit including fuel pipe,
New Starter motor and starter relay,
Oil filter, O ring and engine oil,
Spark Plug and air filter,
Fuel tap,
New inner tube.

The bike was filthy, so thought I would give it a good wash down with Muc-Off and the pressure washer. Since this, I found it wasn’t running right. I randomly noticed that the Throttle Position Sensor was not connected to the carb, so reattached, did not make a difference. Tested the sensor and does not appear to be giving off any reading (so is faulty). Who knows how long it hasn’t been connected? I didn’t notice it when looking at the bike prior to purchasing.

So, the symptoms are as followed:

It seems to start and idle well, though when you give it some on the throttle every so often it appears to jump up a notch on the revs and sit as if you have the choke out and then you give it some again it will drop back to normal and then other times it might cough a little and then stall.

Me and the father in law thought we would make sure there was no rubbish in the carb and the idle jet (and the rest of the jets whilst there). All seemed ok, so put it back together again. Runs still as above, maybe a little better.

So, my question is….. Does the throttle Position Sensor actually have a that bigger bearing on the setup or could it be something else which is obvious? Spoken to a local garage and it’s going to cost me the best part of £190 for the sensor. What.....?!

I look forward to hearing from some of you.

Cheers

Dan
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.29 seconds