you are here:
Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

New Member, new bike, newly licensed. Bent Rad.
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: New Member, new bike, newly licensed. Bent Rad.

New Member, new bike, newly licensed. Bent Rad. 8 years, 7 months ago #1355

• Kummo
  • Senior Boarder
  • 2010 DRZ400E
G'day Guys,

My name is Jason and I am from Cranbourne Victoria, 30 yo. I got my L's 3 weeks ago and went out a bought a new DRZ400e.

I have been riding around the streets to get used to it. And last weekend I took it out for its first trail ride (bunyip state park). I have never owned a bike before.

so you can guess what happened I dropped it twice, on the second time i side swiped a log and bent the Fu*k out of the right radiator. here are some pics.

i1042.photobucket.com/albums/b423/kummo240779/3fedede8.jpg
i1042.photobucket.com/albums/b423/kummo240779/a4b26967.jpg
i1042.photobucket.com/albums/b423/kummo240779/0bad1eb4.jpg

So i have taken it off and I am going to give it to Race Radiators in Dandey, They come highly recomended on the net. I will post some after photos when i get it back.

what are a good cheap easy to install guards for the radiator?

just thaugt Id join up and get involved i have read up alot about the DRZ on here.

Cheers.

Re:New Member, new bike, newly licensed. Bent Rad. 8 years, 7 months ago #1358

• Daawl
  • Senior Boarder
G'day Kummo

welcome and enjoy all this site and the DRZ has to offer.

As for Rad guards I am looking for a similar thing as I only just had mine fixed as outlined in another thread here. (if you havent read it already)

There is no cheap DRZ rads that I have found but apparently the force rad gaurds are the go.

Cheers
Daawl
09 DRZ400E
7yo Daughter PW80
4yo Daughter JR50 (just learning)

Re:New Member, new bike, newly licensed. Bent Rad. 8 years, 7 months ago #1361

• mickxr6
  • Senior Boarder
Dropped mine for the first time over the weekend on a log i was trying to get over but thankfully no damage!! Looking at your pics has swayed me into researching some guards for the bike ;)

Re:New Member, new bike, newly licensed. Bent Rad. 8 years, 7 months ago #1362

• daz80j
  • Expert Boarder
  • DRZ 400E 2005
i have force rad guards and bash plates and also a force rear brake guard........and evrytime i go riding i lay bike down or bail off it and it always gets up with out a problem (touch wood)......the drz radiators are costly to replace

Re:New Member, new bike, newly licensed. Bent Rad. 8 years, 7 months ago #1363

• Rocker
  • Expert Boarder
  • Never enough time to ride.
Welcome to the site Kummo, sorry to here about the damage, hope you can get them fixed for a reasoble price. Some seems expensive, but does pay for itself after somethig like this mate.
Think i might order mine with next weeks pay.

Daz theres nothing on the force website about a rear brake guard. do you know if they make it still, is it just not listed?

Cheers :)
4 wheels moves the body, 2 wheels moves the soul.

Re:New Member, new bike, newly licensed. Bent Rad. 8 years, 7 months ago #1369

• Dano
  • Expert Boarder
I have had Devol rad guards on mine for a while now...not to expensive and sort of easy to install - abit of a muck around but no cutting involved...I drop my bike too often and these have been solid thus far - mine have also been hit with some large rocks from gettign a good roosting (pricks)...
Dan
09 Doctor

Re:New Member, new bike, newly licensed. Bent Rad. 8 years, 7 months ago #1377

• Kummo
  • Senior Boarder
  • 2010 DRZ400E

Re:New Member, new bike, newly licensed. Bent Rad. 8 years, 7 months ago #1378

• mickxr6
  • Senior Boarder
Sweet! put it back on the bike and hit the trails. Guess it pays to protect the bike from the word go. Bark busters, bash plate,Case savers and Radiator guards should all be fitted as standard i reckon!

Re:New Member, new bike, newly licensed. Bent Rad. 8 years, 7 months ago #1386

• billa
  • Senior Boarder
Hi Kummo
good to see a another victorian, I have B&B Rad guards and they are well tried and tested, Try Brian at Bike mart in Ringwood his prices are normally very good, at the moment Bunyip is bloody wet and slippery,Try further east and it dry's out but turns to rock,
see you around Bill

Re:New Member, new bike, newly licensed. Bent Rad. 8 years, 7 months ago #1388

• Kummo
  • Senior Boarder
  • 2010 DRZ400E
Yeah cool bill I am looking at the B&B ones. 200 bux gotta wait until next month.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.21 seconds