Username Password: Remember me

Welcome advice
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Welcome advice

Welcome advice 9 years, 6 months ago #1273

• tattooOz
  • Fresh Boarder
Hey ya guys, I have a brand new drz400e, that I got a month ago. Hey I will be the first to admit that its been a long time between "drinks" since I have last owned a bike, but did my research on this and really happy with my purchase.

Its a stock standard bike, and will mostly be used on road, with a bit of off road as I build my skills again.

I would welcome any suggestions, especially regarding the limited fuel tank, (view to enlarging that).

Im presently in the Far North Qld, but looking to move to Brissi for work.. (given the recent floods, the bike may have more than one use down there haha).

Im not that mechanically minded, but would also like to know if there are riding clubs around that I could learn from, or you could recommend.

Appreciate your time guys. thanks for a great site

Craig

Re:Welcome advice 9 years, 6 months ago #1274

• Rocker
  • Expert Boarder
  • Never enough time to ride.
Welcome mate, great to hear your back on a bike.

You could look at joining the dsmra, they are all over the place and do rides for all levels of riders. The townsville branch is pretty active i think.

Plenty of good riding up your way why would you want to leave? Riding in the brissie traffic will be a challenge in itself aswell.

Anyway enjoy the bike and im sure youll pick it up again easily.

See ya on the tracks :)
4 wheels moves the body, 2 wheels moves the soul.

Re:Welcome advice 9 years, 6 months ago #1276

• tattooOz
  • Fresh Boarder
hey ya mate, well I am out on the bike again today, heading into Cape tribulation, but, yeah work has its pull away from here im afraid

Re:Welcome advice 9 years, 6 months ago #1279

• Rocker
  • Expert Boarder
Ya lucky bugger ya know what they say, no pics it didnt happen. :laugh:

Hope ya had a great ride though. ;)

Re:Welcome advice 9 years, 6 months ago #1280

• tattooOz
  • Fresh Boarder
haha, it was a fantastic ride with my mate on his road bike. The drz went really well. Still not sure how far I can go without having to refuel. Have done 850km now and just about due for the first service.

Love riding, and confidence is back again after 10 years not riding.

I welcome any suggestions etc. One thing I would like to know is about the fuel tank, and what guys think of the larger ones. I was thinking of getting the 18ltr (?) one. What kind of price should I be paying for one??

Re:Welcome advice 9 years, 6 months ago #1282

• Rocker
  • Expert Boarder
Good to hear its going well mate.

The stock fuel tank should be good for about 150kms, will be same in the bush or on the road as they are good on fuel.
I think the 18lt tank would be a good size, from memory it should give a range of about 350kms, but i wouldnt know a price as i havent looked into that yet.

Have look at safari tank website or on ebay i think i have seen clark tanks there.

Cheers :)

Re:Welcome advice 9 years, 6 months ago #1283

• xrman
  • Gold Boarder
look at justtanks.com for info and good prices so I am told.(USA site)

I put a 28L safari tank on mine. It actually is not that wide at the knees. I had to take the aluminium stut off the tank after I bent it twice with low speed get offs and it then stopped the mudguard passing it= poor steering .

I had a 17L tank on my DR350 and found it too small a couple of times in outback trips. But you can use those fuel bladders these days for those occasions.

I am not intending on using my DRZ for tight tracks etc so the big tank wont be a problem for me.

Have fun and ride a lot!

Re:Welcome advice 9 years, 6 months ago #1284

• tattooOz
  • Fresh Boarder
hey man, thanks for that info, yeah I will look at that site now mate.. awesome :)
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.19 seconds