you are here:
Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

LOVE THE DRZ!
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: LOVE THE DRZ!

LOVE THE DRZ! 8 years, 6 months ago #1577

Got my 2010 DRZ400E last Monday, rode it around through the week and did a few things. Took off the reflectors, put on some Renthal RC High Bend bars, fitted a Pirelli MT21 front and a B&B baffle. Got an LED tail light/guard extender and some small blinkers but I didn't get time to fit them. I also bumped up all the suspension settings as I'm 105kg. Took it out on the trails around Mt Sugarloaf outside Newcastle today and it's just the best dirt bike I've ridden. These things are a blast. It's just so easy and so much fun to ride I can't believe it! Wasn't sure I'd done the right thing trading in my road bike but yeah - I done the right thing.

Love the plush suspension but I think that's the first thing I'll wanna sort out - firmer springs and valving - anyone recommend someone near Newcastle?

Re:LOVE THE DRZ! 8 years, 6 months ago #1583

• daz80j
  • Expert Boarder
  • DRZ 400E 2005
welcome mate......whats mount sugaloaf like, im moving up that way the next couple of years and looking for good riding spots so i know where to move too

Re:LOVE THE DRZ! 8 years, 6 months ago #1588

Thanks for the welcome. There are still lots of good trails around the area of Sugarloaf but also a lot of road building, etc, going on so you have to go a bit further out for a big ride. It's hard to get lost and it was a good place to get out for a couple of hours and get a feel for the bike. You do need to be careful on bends as there are usually quite a few riders buzzing around out there.

PS WHAT A GREAT BIKE!

Re:LOVE THE DRZ! 8 years, 5 months ago #1668

• Good
  • Gold Boarder
bultaco135 wrote:
Got my 2010 DRZ400E last Monday, rode it around through the week and did a few things. Took off the reflectors, put on some Renthal RC High Bend bars, fitted a Pirelli MT21 front and a B&B baffle. Got an LED tail light/guard extender and some small blinkers but I didn't get time to fit them. I also bumped up all the suspension settings as I'm 105kg. Took it out on the trails around Mt Sugarloaf outside Newcastle today and it's just the best dirt bike I've ridden. These things are a blast. It's just so easy and so much fun to ride I can't believe it! Wasn't sure I'd done the right thing trading in my road bike but yeah - I done the right thing.

Love the plush suspension but I think that's the first thing I'll wanna sort out - firmer springs and valving - anyone recommend someone near Newcastle?

I haven't used them but mates of mine recommend axis motorsports @ Cardiff (02)4956 5611. They also do head work and other things.

Re:LOVE THE DRZ! 8 years, 5 months ago #1669

Thanks - I heard there was someone at Cardiff. I'll give em a call.

Re:LOVE THE DRZ! 8 years, 5 months ago #1673

• Wadey
  • Junior Boarder
Medowie state forest is another good riding spot near Newcastle. Lots of varied terrain and trails..

Re:LOVE THE DRZ! 8 years, 5 months ago #1674

If you ride out at Medowie we should get a few guys together out there - I've never ridden out that way.

Re:LOVE THE DRZ! 8 years, 5 months ago #1696

• Wadey
  • Junior Boarder
bultaco, did you ever get your suspension done? Am thinking of doing same to my bike, but just wondering if you had any feedback since getting it done?

Re:LOVE THE DRZ! 8 years, 5 months ago #1702

Hi Wadey. I ordered some Eibach springs - quote of $500 fitted from KTM Newcastle
but I've since come across some other places I wanna talk to before I go ahead - it could be an expensive mistake if heavier springs alone isn't enough but maybe it comes down to $ too - you can probably spend thousands on it but $500s about my limit. I'll let you know what happens.

Re:LOVE THE DRZ! 8 years, 5 months ago #1712

• jr50man
  • Junior Boarder
Hello everybody,just got my 2011 drz yesterday.Sold my 2006 drz last week,it had 23000 klms on it,no valve adjusments needed,not one problem ever.Such a great bike i just upgraded to a new model.B&B bashplate,ergo barkbusters,cfc case protecters,force radiator guards,15 tooth front sprocket,15 tooth drz sm sprocket guard,dunlop 606 rear,908 front ,heavy duty tubes,and rear tailght mods.Set to go. :woohoo:

Re:LOVE THE DRZ! 8 years, 5 months ago #1713

• Dano
  • Expert Boarder
jr50man wrote:
Hello everybody,just got my 2011 drz yesterday.Sold my 2006 drz last week,it had 23000 klms on it,no valve adjusments needed,not one problem ever.Such a great bike i just upgraded to a new model.B&B bashplate,ergo barkbusters,cfc case protecters,force radiator guards,15 tooth front sprocket,15 tooth drz sm sprocket guard,dunlop 606 rear,908 front ,heavy duty tubes,and rear tailght mods.Set to go. :woohoo:

photos mate please
Dan
09 Doctor

Re:LOVE THE DRZ! 8 years, 5 months ago #1714

Sounds good! What's the standard size front sprocket?

Re:LOVE THE DRZ! 8 years, 5 months ago #1716

• Dano
  • Expert Boarder
Dan
09 Doctor

Re:LOVE THE DRZ! 8 years, 5 months ago #1718

• jr50man
  • Junior Boarder
No worrys,as soon as i get off my drz,by the way i live in Bundaberg qld surrounded by state forest,great place for a ride.

Re:LOVE THE DRZ! 8 years, 5 months ago #1728

• jr50man
  • Junior Boarder
Hello everybody,done about 4ookms on new bike,I think its noiser than old drz 2006 model with 23 000 km .Seems to be in the bottom of engine,maybe cam chain drive.Changed the oil ,no differance.I know drz's are not a quiet engine.Any ideas anybody. :blink:
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.22 seconds