You are not logged in.

Hot Topics

More Topics »

Login form

Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

Drz400 Exhaust choices
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Share your modifications both the ones that worked and ones not worth doing.
  • Page:

TOPIC: Drz400 Exhaust choices

Drz400 Exhaust choices 6 years, 2 months ago #4381

• sadrz
  • Senior Boarder
I need to sort an exhaust for my new drz (arrives Nov)

I was looking at 2 options,

The B&B offroad muffler insert

OR

Muzzy Slip on.

The issue with the Muzzy is i have no clue where to purchase one.

I dont want the bike to loud, i just want a deeper and nicer note than the poxy derestricted standard Job. The B&B insert is reasonably cheap, not to loud and apparently is a really nice note. Any opinions would be great.
2015 Drz400e

Re: Drz400 Exhaust choices 6 years ago #4417

• wayno
  • Platinum Boarder
After five weeks you probably have one , but if you don't get on ebay and buy an exhaust from the USA , pay half price than what you would pay here . Forget about getting a header pipe , the standard header is just as good as any .

Re: Drz400 Exhaust choices 6 years ago #4424

This is what I did to my stock exhaust. Drilled the existing holes out to 6mm then 4 of those holes drilled to 10mm. 6 at 13mm where drilled about 50mm from the end cap lip. The welded holes were another 6 at 13mm but it was too loud for me. Sounds good imo. Close to 95db.
Attachments:

Re: Drz400 Exhaust choices 6 years ago #4426

• sadrz
  • Senior Boarder
my dealer drilled those out to 6mm i think, i dont have the extra holes. im happy with the volume and the power. It doesnt lack in power like i was expecting coming from a racing 450. i think ill leave it stock for now.

Thanks
2015 Drz400e

Re: Drz400 Exhaust choices 5 years, 12 months ago #4467

I put an FMF Q4 on my 2013 DRZ. The noise level is much better than the stock pipe - a nice note. I'm sure it goes every bit as well as the stock pipe but lighter and quieter - the raspy bark is gone replaced by a deep smooth note.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.15 seconds