you are here:
Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

new drz
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Share your modifications both the ones that worked and ones not worth doing.
  • Page:

TOPIC: new drz

new drz 5 years, 2 months ago #4334

• sadrz
  • Senior Boarder
Hi guys, im new to this forum and dont yet have a drz (need to sell my klx450 and get my wedding done first) but ill be picking up a brand newie later this year.

what i want to know is with this later model drz, what mods are required and what are reccomended?

batteries and tail tidys etc?

im new to these slower more trail based bikes.

cannot wait to be on one.

thanks guys.
2015 Drz400e

Re: new drz 5 years, 2 months ago #4335

• wayno
  • Platinum Boarder
Hi ,This is only my personal choice of what I would get done . Suspension ,bar risers and bars , take of the switches on clutch and side stand ,tail tidy, headlight and blinkers, exhaust , bash plate, hand guards, that's the most basic things most guys get done . There are other things you can do but it starts to depend where you are going to ride the bike . Good luck , you will have made a good choice . Still today with all the different bikes out there , I would still choose a DRZ , it will do just about everything you want it to ... cheers ..

Re: new drz 5 years, 2 months ago #4336

• sadrz
  • Senior Boarder
It will be mainly roads and tracks through the flinders. Nothing to difficult.

What would you suggest for the headlight? With the exhaust I was thinking yoshi? Any opunions on pipes
2015 Drz400e

Re: new drz 5 years, 2 months ago #4337

• wayno
  • Platinum Boarder
I have just bought a racetech headlight , but if your doing more road and trail riding the standard headlight works a bit better .I got the racetech to take weight of the front end , and do away with the heavy bracket that holds the standard headlight . Im sure the Yoshi would be fine , I have an FMF q4 and im happy with that .
Attachments:

Re: new drz 5 years, 1 month ago #4351

• Kiwi1301
  • Fresh Boarder
Hey there, I to, am new to this website and have just purchased a new DR-Z400E. I know there is a breaking in stage but I want to make the initial mods to the bike now. Can anyone tell me exactly what needs to be done that I can do myself? Thanks in advance

Re: new drz 5 years, 1 month ago #4353

• wayno
  • Platinum Boarder
Hi , I would recommend you ride the bike for awhile , then see what suits you and your riding style , and where your riding the bike and go from there . You might end up spending money on things you don't need . The mods I listed earlier are some of the most common things people change , you might not need any of them ..

Re: new drz 5 years, 1 month ago #4355

• sadrz
  • Senior Boarder
After a lot of research. I will be getting the 2015 drz later this year. Mods ive chosen

Engine covers
Indicators and tail tidy
Bash plate
B and B muffler tip
Rear rack
Seat concepts seat
New handlebars
Oxford heated grips

Setup for weekends away from home more than anything
2015 Drz400e

Re: new drz 5 years, 1 month ago #4356

• Kiwi1301
  • Fresh Boarder
Good idea, I see people are talking about removing the restrictions? do you knw what they are and where I can find them?

Re: new drz 5 years, 1 month ago #4357

• sadrz
  • Senior Boarder
Most dealers just do it
2015 Drz400e

Re: new drz 5 years, 1 month ago #4358

• wayno
  • Platinum Boarder
Yes most dealers derestrict the exhaust , and the bike will be very loud , ask them for the baffle that comes out of the exhaust , drill four of the eight holes out to 6mm , put it back in and try that . You will loose almost no power at all by haven it in once drilled ..

Re: new drz 5 years, 1 month ago #4360

• sadrz
  • Senior Boarder
hi, ive decided to let them deristrict and jet the carb etc..exhaust ill fit the b and B silencer. heard great things. over loud obnoxious dirtbikes on the road, on the track the louder the better.

new 2015 models in stock soon...10 weeks and it will be all mine.
2015 Drz400e

Re: new drz 5 years ago #4382

• sadrz
  • Senior Boarder
spoke to a dealer, derestriction removes a throttle stopper from the carby so the throttle can be opened 100 percent.

replace the jets, remove the exhaust baffle, will ask to keep the stock baffle but ill fit the B&B muffler tip straight away, apparently a nice deep not and only 3db loauder than standard at 3750rpm

what is the correct break in procedure?
2015 Drz400e
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.28 seconds