you are here:
Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

Bikes dumping oil
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Share your modifications both the ones that worked and ones not worth doing.
  • Page:

TOPIC: Bikes dumping oil

Bikes dumping oil 5 years, 2 months ago #4308

• Nosnow
  • Fresh Boarder
Hello the names Robert.

The bike dumped all of its oil the other day on my way to work . I noticed it when the back wheel tried to pass me in a Corner . I believe I left the fuel tap on the night before . Any one experienced something similar .

Re: Bikes dumping oil 5 years, 2 months ago #4313

• Stricko
  • Expert Boarder
Oil or Fuel ? you mention oil in the question and Fuel Tap ?
If you dumped oil - then you have probably blown the counter shaft seal, generally from having your chain too tight... It will send your rear wheel in places never designed !!
Just another happy DRZ'er :) with just about all the mods done I need ( or that the wife will allow)

Re: Bikes dumping oil 5 years, 2 months ago #4314

• Nosnow
  • Fresh Boarder
Thanks for the reply . I just filled the bike with new oil , and started it ,no leak ,put it in gear and run the engine no leak .so I went for a short ride no leak . I think you are right about the crankshaft oil seal , and I will change it as a precaution is this typical .

Re: Bikes dumping oil 5 years, 2 months ago #4317

• Stricko
  • Expert Boarder
fairly common issue with the DRZ's and counter seals. I blew one and dumped all teh oil under my rear wheel going around a round about in Kilcoy, ended up laying in the front doors of the RSL !!! just keep an eye on the counter shaft nut and make sure its not loose, and also DO NOT over tighten the chain !!! 20,000kms after I blew the first one Ive never had an issue again :)
Just another happy DRZ'er :) with just about all the mods done I need ( or that the wife will allow)

Re: Bikes dumping oil 5 years, 2 months ago #4330

• Ando
  • Expert Boarder
Also, make sure you are checking the oil level correctly and haven't over-filled it (ie trying to have oil on the dipstick when the engine is cold). A friend of mine was overfilling his drz and it was dumping the excess onto his rear tyre.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.18 seconds