you are here:
Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

DR-Z400e Led Tail lights and blinkers
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Share your modifications both the ones that worked and ones not worth doing.
  • Page:

TOPIC: DR-Z400e Led Tail lights and blinkers

DR-Z400e Led Tail lights and blinkers 5 years, 3 months ago #4294

• waddy
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi,

I want to remove the stock tail light, guard and blinkers.. I have found some, but it says, S & SM and doesnt mention the E model, does it matter?

Can you tell me if these are the right ones? Do i need to order anything else for this to work?

Tail light Holder

Led Indicators

Re: DR-Z400e Led Tail lights and blinkers 5 years, 3 months ago #4295

• wayno
  • Platinum Boarder
No it wont matter , im using an edge tail light as well and fits fine . The blinkers will work fine , but you will need to get some thing to reduce the amount of amps or volts going to the LED blinkers otherwise they wont work properly . They will either blink very fast or not at all without some thing to reduce the current . Both look pretty good , Personally I use the blinkers from super cheap auto because there handy to pick up when needed .. Have a bit of a play with the wires to get it right so your brake light works properly , pretty easy really ....

Re: DR-Z400e Led Tail lights and blinkers 5 years, 3 months ago #4296

• waddy
  • Fresh Boarder
Thanks Wayno. Ill get one ordered.

I read somewhere I need the OEM Connector kit also?

I think ill just leave the stock indicators on until I snap one off or something.

For the LED indicators I have read I need a DRC 'IC Relay' (10W 47ohm ceramic wire wound resistor). If anyone else is looking to do this mod.

Re: DR-Z400e Led Tail lights and blinkers 5 years, 3 months ago #4298

you can use bullet connectors to join the wires or solder and insulate them. i kept the oem connectors but used bullet connectors from lights to them.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.17 seconds