you are here:
Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

Giant Loop Saddlebags
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Share your modifications both the ones that worked and ones not worth doing.
  • Page:

TOPIC: Giant Loop Saddlebags

Giant Loop Saddlebags 5 years, 7 months ago #4098

• my400e
  • Senior Boarder
Hi,
I'm looking at buying a giant loop saddlebag for my next trip back up to the tip (Cape York FNQ).
Maybe this or something similar.....
www.webbikeworld.com/motorcycle-luggage/giant-loop/coyote-saddlebag/

Any thoughts fellow DR-Zers ? Keen to hear some feedback before handing over the cash.
Thanks in advance

Re: Giant Loop Saddlebags 5 years, 7 months ago #4099

I have been looking at these saddlebags myself but, I am still in two minds whether to get it or not. If you do end up buy it please post your thoughts ...Cheers
n00b rider but, keen as mustard to learn more :thumbs:

Re: Giant Loop Saddlebags 5 years, 5 months ago #4186

• Tenrider
  • Junior Boarder
Bought the GL coyote bag and B&B rack. Get tem next week for my ride in the high country victoria. I'll let youknow haw it goes if you want?

Re: Giant Loop Saddlebags 5 years, 5 months ago #4194

Yeah mate that would be good if you could let us know your thoughts.

Cheers
n00b rider but, keen as mustard to learn more :thumbs:

Re: Giant Loop Saddlebags 5 years, 5 months ago #4195

• Tenrider
  • Junior Boarder
I have just come back from the Ride ADV high country ride. 6 days in all and I have to say the GL bags worked very well. We had the worst of weather, freezing rain, snow and the contents of the GL loop bag remained dry at all times in there dry bags. Fitting the bag takes a little effort to line up and strap down but once done it is very secure and will not move. I opted to use a B&B rack that enabled me to attach the bag metal hooks and inside the bag lift the flap and tension bag to rack by pulling the straps. After this the lower straps I looped around the frame rails and tightend.The GL loop bag lowers cover the rear side plastics. It will not hit your leg and leave you the whole seat if attacet to a rack. Nothing hit the exhaust and I didn't require to use the heat sheald that comes with the bag.Over the weekend this bag got hammered in the terrain and everythiing stayed secure. I even droped it a couple of times in the ud and it held up well.. I put the heavy things to the side and clothiing to the top but you can experiment how to organise things. I managed to load enough stuff for 6 days and still had room to shove thing in for quick access. I would be carfull how heavy you load the bag as it sits higher then saddle bags so too heavy may affect handing. I qickly got use the the bag being there, so much so I forgot it was there. Ath the end of the day I did not remove the bag but only th einternal bags so in the morning I had little more then slot them back in the GL bag zip up and go.It pays to be organised with these bags, if you require something you will be openiing up all the internal bags to find thing.That can get frustrating when people are waiting. One good thing about this type of bag is you don't have side racks to remove or damage in the event of a fall. I too had my doupts but the GL loop bag worked very well for me these things are very well thught out and built extremly tough, the quality is also of a high standard.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ray.Jay1971

Re: Giant Loop Saddlebags 5 years, 5 months ago #4211

• Tenrider
  • Junior Boarder
An added not thats not so good. If you get into the mud a bit and it creeps under the bag the dirt will scuff the side panels. So if that worrys you concider a way to protect it or go another option.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.17 seconds