you are here:
Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

New member. Green Drz.
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Share your modifications both the ones that worked and ones not worth doing.
  • Page:

TOPIC: New member. Green Drz.

New member. Green Drz. 5 years, 8 months ago #4091

Hi.

New member, so here's a bit about me and my bike.

I've got a 2004 green DRZ, also known as a Kawasaki KLX400R. Had it for a few years now. Run two sets of wheels. One set up for general off-road with Dunlop D952s front and rear, and the other purely for sand, with a paddle tyre on the back and a Michelin soft terrain on the front.

13t front sprocket and 47 rear on the general wheel and 48 on the paddle.

This bike is used purely off-road, but has full rego. FMF Pipe, air box not opened up yet (wondering whether to or not?) Had some carby issues, but that was due to parts being left out by my previous mechanic. Seems to be sorted now.

I'm 44, ride with friends of similar age, as well as our kids. We also ride quads - which are good for carrying lunch, beer and fuel.

Live in Hobart and generally ride southern Tassie, but do visit NE Tassie to ride beaches.

I have a youtube channel- TheAndy7005. Here's a link for one of the more recent videos. There's plenty of other videos there too, including lunacy in the sand.

youtu.be/d6O9LAFkGeM

You see my bike now and again, generally when one of my friends is riding it. I'm normally the person filming, but make the odd appearance. (Green helmet and flouro green and yellow top)

Re: New member. Green Drz. 5 years, 8 months ago #4093

• midrz
  • Senior Boarder
Welcome mate, I don't think where you come from or the color of your plastics is an issue on this site. I'd be keen for you to recommend any of your favorite areas to ride in lovely Tassie as I'm looking at spending a year at the AMC in Launceston.
The following user(s) said Thank You: brods1675

Re: New member. Green Drz. 5 years, 8 months ago #4094

Launceston in a great base. You've got beach and bush within an hour.

Bellingham to Bridport is a well known (and legal) 4wd beach run, that has lots of bowls and areas off it that only bikes and quads can access.

Past Bridport you can go to Blackmans Lagoon and ride on to the beach and towards Croppies Point / Waterhouse or back towards Bridport. Featured in this video

youtu.be/MwNyLxEVkjQ

For single track there's an area known as the Sideling, which is a forestry area and full of tracks. Hope you have a GPS! It's between Scottsdale and Launceston, behind an area called South Springfield.

Re: New member. Green Drz. 5 years, 8 months ago #4096

• midrz
  • Senior Boarder
Thanks for the prompt reply mate, Your suggestions of few ride options for the area sounds great, It looks like I might need to get a few mates organised, load up 4wd & bike trailer & get ourselves overthere
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.19 seconds