you are here:
Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

Monitoring Temperature (E)
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Share your modifications both the ones that worked and ones not worth doing.
  • Page:

TOPIC: Monitoring Temperature (E)

Monitoring Temperature (E) 6 years ago #3877

• Spozzy
  • Fresh Boarder
Here in SA bike model names do not always correspond to those in other countries. My e has no cooling fan or temp gauge, but is completely street legal. If your bikes are the same, how do you keep an eye on the engine temperature. being stuck in traffic on a hot day, is my biggest concern. I could build a sensor and stick it to the top of a radiator to let me know when Temp X is reached, what would be a safe temp at which to switch the bike off to let it cool down?

Ian

Re: Monitoring Temperature (E) 6 years ago #3879

• Spozzy
  • Fresh Boarder
Its amazing what you find, after you give up searching and post a query. Just found an entire thread on this subject.

Re: Monitoring Temperature (E) 6 years ago #3881

• my400e
  • Senior Boarder
I run an E model with motard wheels for the road. There is no fan on mine either. I run a trail tech Vapor. Simple fix.

www.ebay.com.au/itm/DRZ400-E-S-SM-Trail-Tech-Vapor-Tach-Tachometer-Suzuki-2000-2013-/321210558000?pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&hash=item4ac9a42630&_uhb=1

Re: Monitoring Temperature (E) 6 years ago #3882

I just run the trail tech vapor too. If it gets really hot, just turn it off. I filter past the stationary traffic and don't have an issue with it overheating. It regularly hots very hot trail riding if I am stuck doing slow hill climbs or something.

Re: Monitoring Temperature (E) 5 years, 11 months ago #3945

• Airhead
  • Junior Boarder
I fitted Voyger dash for same reason with so many added benifts. gps ......

Re: Monitoring Temperature (E) 5 years, 11 months ago #3947

• Owey
  • Expert Boarder
Never had a prob with mine overheating, from traffic to slow trail rides. Change your coolant / flush rads + motor (there is a 8mm bolt on the bottom of the water pump to flush motor - the one with the copper washer on it) and then use good quality coolant. I use the techtloy 90+ (pre mixed) and change every 6 months. I run std speedo and have 14xxx kms on my 08 model with no worries.

Re: Monitoring Temperature (E) 5 years, 11 months ago #3957

• wayno
  • Platinum Boarder
The E models we get here are different to the USA , more like in between an S and there E model .. So what you have there is the same all over Australia ...The wiring looms on our E models dont allow for a fan ..
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.15 seconds