you are here:
Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

Odometer trip counter to Kilometers
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Share your modifications both the ones that worked and ones not worth doing.
  • Page:

TOPIC: Odometer trip counter to Kilometers

Odometer trip counter to Kilometers 6 years, 1 month ago #3865

I have a 2008 model and would like to set the trip computer to measure in Kilometers instead of miles. I have reset the speedo to work in kph but it still records trip distances in miles.

Is it possible to change to kilometers? If so how?

Rob.

Re: Odometer trip counter to Kilometers 6 years, 1 month ago #3866

• my400e
  • Senior Boarder
Hi there Robo,

Gee you have got me on this one haha.

I looked through my manual and could not find anything. So I turned to good ole Google lol. This is what i found and not sure if it relates to you, but is food for thought

Originally Posted by SKINZ View Post
Yup. 1.609 km in 1mile. It would make sense if the trip were in miles but the speedo is definitely reading metric. Do your trip readings change when you switch from metric to imperial? Mine stay the same. Just cleaned the drive and cable and my speedo is back to normal but the trip is still off.

Answered
Well I feel like a tool. I have only had this bike for a few days and of coarse I assumed that since my speedo was reading metric, my odometer was in metric. When I change from kilometers to miles, the odometer stays the same, which means the odometer stays set to its factory default setting for the country the bike was meant to be registered in. I looked up my VIN and it was a US bike that was brought into Canada a few years ago. So my bike is in miles. While I can switch my speedo to metric, everything else remains in SAE. Boo to that. At least my speedo is accurate now that I've cleaned everything. Having my trip in miles will come in handy when I do the TAT and SOTR.

Re: Odometer trip counter to Kilometers 6 years, 1 month ago #3867

• my400e
  • Senior Boarder
BTW this is where the above came from...

advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?p=19569240

Hope this helps

Re: Odometer trip counter to Kilometers 6 years, 1 month ago #3868

Thanks for the reply My400E.

It's nice to know that someone else has found that the speedo is changeable but that the trip meter stays fixed to whatever the country of first registration wanted.

I guess that it is changeable somehow.....But how?
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.28 seconds