you are here:
Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

Gear Lever with Bash plates
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Share your modifications both the ones that worked and ones not worth doing.
  • Page:

TOPIC: Gear Lever with Bash plates

Gear Lever with Bash plates 6 years, 4 months ago #3739

• Ross79
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi All,

I have recently installed B & B case guards. However the stock gearlever is now hitting on them. I believe that all levers have the same outward bend so I am guessing the only way is to bend this one myself?? Should they be heated first or will they bend fairly easily. Never had to do this before.
Thanks for any help.

Re: Gear Lever with Bash plates 6 years, 4 months ago #3740

Mine didn't touch after putting case guards on, was close but didn't touch.. if its the sharp bit that sticks out from thelever just grind it off, I reckon it would snap if ya tried to bend it

Re: Gear Lever with Bash plates 6 years, 4 months ago #3741

• Owey
  • Expert Boarder
I have put the after market +1in gear lever on mine. Also have the case savers, and had to bend mine out about 5mm. I just put it in the vice and gave it a few taps with the mash hammer. Also ground the end down round too.

Re: Gear Lever with Bash plates 6 years, 4 months ago #3742

• Ross79
  • Fresh Boarder
Thanks everyone. It would only be about 5mm for me too. I will get the hammer out.

Re: Gear Lever with Bash plates 6 years, 4 months ago #3746

• Bala
  • Expert Boarder
Owey wrote:
I have put the after market +1in gear lever on mine. Also have the case savers, and had to bend mine out about 5mm. I just put it in the vice and gave it a few taps with the mash hammer. Also ground the end down round too.

I did the same as the above.

Generally alloys will bend easy, if they are bent a lot and you try to bend them back they will crack or break.

Re: Gear Lever with Bash plates 5 years, 11 months ago #3974

• midrz
  • Senior Boarder
Like Owey I have fitted a a +1" MSR gear shift lever & found it fouled my case saver. I ended up heating mine up with an oxy & moved the tip end out around 1/4" or 6mm. I heated the towards the tip working on the theory that should the integrity of the metal be compromised heating the tip end would have a lesser effect than the spline end which is subject to the maximum twisting moment. If heating as described caution should taken not to apply direct heat to the spring of the folding tip. The longer shift lever for me is a big improvement I wear a size 10.5 boot & find that the longer lever feels about right & is much easier to position my boot under the tip for up shifting.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.17 seconds