You are not logged in.

Hot Topics

More Topics »

Login form

Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

B&B FINNED radiator guards to fit with 17lt safari
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Share your modifications both the ones that worked and ones not worth doing.
  • Page:

TOPIC: B&B FINNED radiator guards to fit with 17lt safari

B&B FINNED radiator guards to fit with 17lt safari 7 years, 5 months ago #3591

• Airhead
  • Junior Boarder
B & B have just finihed re engineering there finned rad guards to suit drz 400 with 17litre safari tank (which holds 21_22litres)
After googling aroud noticed I wiuldnt be able to fit B&B rad guards. So after emailing B&B they decided to re engineer their finned guards. Thanks to some good drz owner in vic for lending their bike with safari tank to B&B to get the templates done. I recieved my rad guards other day will fit them this week when I get a chance. They look strong, finns look that tough you could probally ride over them.

Re: B&B FINNED radiator guards to fit with 17lt safari 7 years, 5 months ago #3593

• Airhead
  • Junior Boarder
I fitted the rad guards tonight, I have never worked on motor bike before as mt bike came withe all the gear except rad guards, I managed to fit them easily. Once fitted the also brace the radiator really well they are strong as, radiator dont move at all.
2 small issues, on left rad guard top corner was just touching tank. Fix, remove tank, bend top corner of rad frame and file, could also just grind off corner 5mm but it was too late at night.
2nd where outside edge of radiator mounts to new rad frame, there ends up a gap, approx 5mm, as you tighten up bolt rad frame, and rad tabs bend, Fix, fill space with spacer, I used 4 washes at each point. Im assuming there should be no gap. I realise my bike may be slightly diferent model to prototype bike. I have 2009 drz.400.e.
The sides of the guards have a.flat edge that rest against tank, I put 3 of cloth tape on tank to protect tank. If this doesnt work ill I rubber bike tube.
I deffinately reccomend these guards as they are finned and every part of them is strong and they are easy to fit.

Re: B&B FINNED radiator guards to fit with 17lt safari 6 years, 11 months ago #3920

Nice... I have just ordered these exact same Radiator Guards for my Suzuki DR-Z400E 2013 model.

Edit: I will be fitting these Radiator Guards with a 16L Acerbis Fuel Tank and Acerbis Radiator Shrouds.
n00b rider but, keen as mustard to learn more :thumbs:

Re: B&B FINNED radiator guards to fit with 17lt safari 6 years, 11 months ago #3921

• midrz
  • Senior Boarder
Good to be able to share to experiences of fellow DRZ owners, I've only recently fitted a set of these guards to my bike too & it's good to know that I am able to fit the larger tank at a latter date. Thanks to the guys who assisted in pioneering this modification. These guards are one solid unit & better still made by a great Aussie company.

Re: B&B FINNED radiator guards to fit with 17lt safari 6 years, 11 months ago #3933

• Airhead
  • Junior Boarder
the finned guards to suit 17litre safari tank are different to what u would order for stock tank, the difference I think is one less fin, the fin that is on the outside edge is removed for the 17l safari compatible guards, I reckon isf u bought the ones for standard tank u could modify easily with grinder then file and use sand paper to remove burs, I have trimmed my guards slightly I reckon when they made them the prototypes tank was empty, when my tank is full it changes shape slightly/wrapps around bike more as such, it just rest lightly on guards so ive cut 3 mm off outside edge easy to do. ive told b and b about issue and since mine are the first to suit safari tank they may have addressed issue. im still pleased with them the fellars at b and b and who ever leant b and b their bike where nice enough to do this a few issues are expected, and the tanks shape may not be consistent.
My bro just got DRZ aswell coz they are awesome bike he is putting same guards on, and will get safari tank and interchange between that and standard.
The guards are good value, I have since fitted a voyger gps dash so now I can see my engine temp, and I haven't seen it above 70 yet, admittedly I haven't rode on a day hotter than 30, and once riding along I haven't seen it above 65.And I was on sand and giving it a go.

Re: B&B FINNED radiator guards to fit with 17lt safari 6 years, 11 months ago #3969

• xrman
  • Gold Boarder
Force radiator guards fit with safari tanks ( 28 L ) at least. Well made product.

Re: B&B FINNED radiator guards to fit with 17lt safari 6 years, 9 months ago #4052

I just heard back from B & B Off Road reference these radiator guards.

Hi Ray,

Unfortunately the B&B guards do not fit with our 17L tank. One set that does fit is 'Force Accessories' guard.

If you need any further information please contact us.

Regards, Wayne.

Safari Fuel Tanks
R & V Aqualine Industries
1933 Carboor Everton Road
Carboor VIC 3678
AUSTRALIA
PH. +61 3 5729 5556
FAX +61 3 5729 5559
EMAIL This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it
www.safaritanks.com.au
n00b rider but, keen as mustard to learn more :thumbs:
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.19 seconds