You are not logged in.

Hot Topics

More Topics »

Login form

Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

Crashed my drz help!!
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Share your modifications both the ones that worked and ones not worth doing.
  • Page:

TOPIC: Crashed my drz help!!

Crashed my drz help!! 7 years, 7 months ago #3515

• Mullet
  • Fresh Boarder
The other day i had a pretty bad stack on my 1 month old 2012 suzuki drz 400e. Its my pride and joy but unfortunantly i was going to fast through a rocky track and the front wheel started to bounce all over the place and then i lost it. Im shattered because now i need new handle bars due to the stock ones being bent and am hoping to buy some renthals but i have no idea which ones any opinions guys? To top it off the sub-frame is bent aswell and i dont have the money to buy a new one yet im hoping i might claim something with insurance but any suggestions on how to bend that back. anyway thx for you time mates any help is appreciated ... any other suggested mods to the bike would be appreciated :)
Attachments:

Re: Crashed my drz help!! 7 years, 7 months ago #3516

• Bala
  • Expert Boarder
Bad luck on the stack, be thankful you are not hurt, i assume.

You will have more stacks so try to learn from this one.

if you have insurance it eil depend on your excess if you try to fix it or not. Price the new parts, hack your excess and decide if you are going to submit a claim. dont try to fix it if you are submitting a claim. If you were not on a gazetted road you will need to lie ( insurance fraud) or not claim.

if you are going to fix it. Take the sub frame off and check that there is no damage to the main frame. Then put the sub frame in a vice and bend it till you get it to fit back on, it may be easy it may take ages to get it to fit back. Or you could possibly leave it bolted and brace the bike and pull it back, but dont do that if you are not sure of what you are doing.

Sorry I have no idea about bars, I have not crashed mine YET, so mine are still ok.

Re: Crashed my drz help!! 7 years, 7 months ago #3518

• xrman
  • Gold Boarder
Take it to your local car crash repair shop and ask them for advice about straightening the subframe.

If it makes you feel any better , I cartwheeled my brand new DR350 and it landed on the rear subframe.

Bars: TAG jimmy button bend.

Save up money and fit a ralle- moto steering damper for the rocks and deep sand. Brilliant.

Get your suspension set up by a reputable suspension tuner asap.

Re: Crashed my drz help!! 7 years, 7 months ago #3519

• Grumpy
  • Senior Boarder
My brother and I bought our handle bars from rockymountain atv, only took 4 days to get here from America , If your fairly tall then might as add bar risers to your list as well. Order a bit of stuff at the same time to reduce the cost of postage

Re: Crashed my drz help!! 7 years, 7 months ago #3533

• Kummo
  • Senior Boarder
  • 2010 DRZ400E
I got Renthal fat bars on mine. I have dropped it hard heaps of time's and they are still straight as. I was reading somewhere that the stock bars are like cheese, so I replaced mine at the dealer.

Re: Crashed my drz help!! 7 years, 7 months ago #3536

• Dano
  • Expert Boarder
Renthal fat bars carmichael bend.

THe sub frame can be straightened but I only know of one thats had his done and it was done in a shop
Dan
09 Doctor
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.17 seconds