you are here:
Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

Motard or stock wheels wanted
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Share your modifications both the ones that worked and ones not worth doing.
  • Page:

TOPIC: Motard or stock wheels wanted

Motard or stock wheels wanted 7 years, 7 months ago #3282

Hi all,

I'm looking to stretch the use out of my DRZ400E so I want to swap over wheels with road tyres/dirt tyres when the need arises.

Some of the modern Motard kits are a little expensive for what I wanted (about $1300) so if no cheap ones around I'd be happy with a set of stock wheels with road tyres on. That way I can spend 30 minutes swapping over one set to the other as required.

Anyone able to help?

Re: Motard or stock wheels wanted 7 years, 6 months ago #3360

Thanks to a Townsville dirtbikeworld inmate I'm now the proud owner of a second set of DRZ400E wheels. Bearings, sprocket and tyres and I'm away....

Re: Motard or stock wheels wanted 7 years, 6 months ago #3368

• Iggy
  • Junior Boarder
Hey Aussie Trev,

Just wondering about phow much I should be looking to pay for a second set of road wheels? I was looking to do the same as you have done. Do you have to run a shorter chain due to different gearing?

Re: Motard or stock wheels wanted 7 years, 6 months ago #3371

Iggy wrote:
Hey Aussie Trev,

Just wondering about phow much I should be looking to pay for a second set of road wheels? I was looking to do the same as you have done. Do you have to run a shorter chain due to different gearing?

Paid $300 for the two wheels, (plus postage) and I need to fit a new sprocket. Will keep stock discs and gearing so that the change back to 'dirt' will be minimal. Another bloke on DBW paid $400 plus postage for another set of wheels but his are in better nick. I don't care what they look like!!

I'm going to try and run 100% road tyres and see how that works out.

Re: Motard or stock wheels wanted 7 years, 6 months ago #3372

• Drewy
  • Fresh Boarder
Hey guys any more kickin around, I'd be interested to about $500,
Thanks guys,,

Drewy

Re: Motard or stock wheels wanted 7 years, 5 months ago #3421

• TwoFeels
  • Fresh Boarder
Have you seen this site mate?

Good guide on here:

motard-supermoto-wheels.sportsontheweb.net/drz400-cast-wheels-cbr250-cheap.htm

Re: Motard or stock wheels wanted 7 years, 5 months ago #3424

TwoFeels wrote:

Yes, thanks. They've been around for a while and do a great kit, just a little expensive for what I had in mind.

cheers
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.17 seconds