you are here:
Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

Bike+Water= Stop after decelleration.
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Share your modifications both the ones that worked and ones not worth doing.
  • Page:

TOPIC: Bike+Water= Stop after decelleration.

Bike+Water= Stop after decelleration. 7 years ago #3111

Hey there everybody was wanting to diagnose an issue that I had with my 2010 DRZ400E on a recent ride over the weekend. We came to a slight water crossing not very large maybe 30 metres long and when ridden into the water level came up to the pegs or just slightly higher in spots. Went through the water fine in 1st gear but once out the other side safe and sound I decellerated back to an idle and the bike stopped. Then tried to start the bike up again and now and then it might kick over but not very much. So then i just turned the bike off and let it sit for 3-4 min and started trying to start it again and it was fine again. Now I tried starting it with the choke on and off and with the full on and off aswell and it didnt make a difference. As far as I know the kickstand button that prevents you from starting the bike when down is disabled but I didnt do it the shop must of when we bought it new. Plus when the bike stopped the kickstand was up. The breather hoses are in the same location as stock they have not been rerouted, and as far as i could see no water got into the air box after checking it after the water crossing. If anyone has any suggestions or clues or ideas please comment and help out. Would be much appreciated!!

Re: Bike+Water= Stop after decelleration. 7 years ago #3117

Did ya air filter get wet?

Re: Bike+Water= Stop after decelleration. 7 years ago #3120

no it didnt.

Re: Bike+Water= Stop after decelleration. 7 years ago #3121

Fuel off, drain the carby if u can, tip the bike up for any water build up in the exaust, if it starts but runs like a dog just flog it on a strait road for 10mins and clear it up.

even the slightest bit of moisture can kill the engine, i had it up to the seat in water and i just ran it hard for 10mins up some trails. best thing about 4 strokes
90% of my paycheck goes towards dirt bikes (the rest is just wasted).

Re: Bike+Water= Stop after decelleration. 7 years ago #3124

• Owey
  • Expert Boarder
Try the tips on this link,

www.fairdinkumbiketours.com.au/techtips.html#1

These guys do tours in FNQ and oly use DRZ 400e bikes.

might be useful, hope it helps.
The following user(s) said Thank You: t.eastwood17

Re: Bike+Water= Stop after decelleration. 7 years ago #3129

• Dano
  • Expert Boarder
does sound like the breather hose got blocked and the rest time let it drain or unblock the water.

Did this to me a few times until I re-routed 2 of the breather hoses up under the seat near the airbox.

Now going through the water no stalling or issues....
Dan
09 Doctor

Re: Bike+Water= Stop after decelleration. 7 years ago #3133

• coopster
  • Fresh Boarder
that a good link thanks
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.19 seconds