you are here:
Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

After market cdi module
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Share your modifications both the ones that worked and ones not worth doing.
  • Page:

TOPIC: After market cdi module

After market cdi module 7 years, 1 month ago #3066

• damosgem
  • Senior Boarder
Has anyone changed the Cdimodule on the drz 400e there claiming that you get a 3hp gain and a extra 500 rpm.there priced around 150 .

Re: After market cdi module 7 years, 1 month ago #3073

• Roy
  • Senior Boarder
Haven't heard this but would be very interested in one if it's true.

Re: After market cdi module 7 years, 1 month ago #3074

• damosgem
  • Senior Boarder
If you go on eBay there are plenty off them to choose from. From adjustable or basic cdi modules all claiming to have a higher rev limiter then the factory cdi module.if it worked wouldn't be a bad investment.hopefully someone has fitted one on this sight and can give use some genuine info.

Re: After market cdi module 7 years, 1 month ago #3079

• drztroy
  • Gold Boarder
vortex do one , i havnt done much research on them but they do one

Re: After market cdi module 7 years ago #3122

• damosgem
  • Senior Boarder
Just ordered one for 130 bucks.should up the revs by 1000 rpm and have a different power curve will let you no if it works.

Re: After market cdi module 7 years ago #3125

• Owey
  • Expert Boarder
From the states?

Very interested to see the result.

Can you post the link for where you got it and also what other mods are done to your bike (to compare). Cheers.

Re: After market cdi module 7 years ago #3134

• damosgem
  • Senior Boarder
item.mobileweb.ebay.com.au/viewitem?itemId=380375978874&index=1&nav=SEARCH&nid=10871286740

My bikes basically stock other then the usual mods triPle clamp bark busters, bash plate,radiator guards.fat bar handle bars there great.also got rid of the stand switch.

Re: After market cdi module 7 years ago #3136

• damosgem
  • Senior Boarder
Oh yeah also changed the rear sprocket from a 47 to 49 teath. What a difference for the single tracks.

Re: After market cdi module 7 years ago #3163

• damosgem
  • Senior Boarder
Ok new module fitted very happy with this mod .i didnt notice much power difference but defently have a higher rev limit. For me this was a cheap mod expesially that I was always on the limitor bit more revs is great. Not bad for hundred and thirty bucks.

Re: After market cdi module 7 years ago #3164

• Roy
  • Senior Boarder
Thanks for that. I think I'll give one a try too.

Re: After market cdi module 7 years ago #3165

• Roy
  • Senior Boarder
Can anyone let me know if there's any difference in CDI units from 2007 to 2008? I've called ATV galaxy and they're advising they only have units that suit up to 2007 but I think there's no difference.

Re: After market cdi module 7 years ago #3166

damosgem wrote:
Ok new module fitted very happy with this mod .i didnt notice much power difference but defently have a higher rev limit. For me this was a cheap mod expesially that I was always on the limitor bit more revs is great. Not bad for hundred and thirty bucks.

Are you sure it revs higher? What rpm would it cut out before, and what rpm does it cut out now?

The US has S and SM model DRZ's, their engines are lower spec and have a rev limit starting around 9,750rpm. Here we have E models with more power and a higher 10,500rpm rev limit. The aftermarket boxes in the US are basically E CDI's or equivalent.

There is also a 11,000rpm yoshi box, but you'd need upgraded valves springs to run that.

Re: After market cdi module 7 years ago #3167

• damosgem
  • Senior Boarder
Hi roy my drz is a 2010 model . The only mod I had to do is cut the green wire from the big plug on the cdi module harness.it wouldn't start unless I cut the wire.ill see if I can hook up a rev gauge so I can get some actual stats up.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.21 seconds