you are here:
Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

Took some picks day if you want alook
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Share your modifications both the ones that worked and ones not worth doing.
  • Page:

TOPIC: Took some picks day if you want alook

Took some picks day if you want alook 9 years, 2 months ago #2310

• Roge
  • Expert Boarder
  • What to ride today?
Heres my 2007 DRZ400e, a 50th birthday present so its for keeps. Just put on a Wolfman tankbag and panniers, the rear racks are in manufacture so should be built sometime in the next 50years

What eles is on there?

17 ltr safari tank
B&B Bashplate, engine covers
Bike Bitz rack
Bark Busters
Universal tapered bars
Garmin Zumo 500
Aftermerket gear change curtesy of one of our national embems
Heidenau K60 tyres )140 rear)

Whats next?

28 ltr tank?
Lynx fairing
and the above mentioned racks to take Wolfman expedition bags
Suspension
Attachments:
If there is a 50/50 chance of gettingb the right answer how come there is a 90% chance of getting it wrong

Re: Took some picks day if you want alook 9 years, 2 months ago #2312

• CH4MAN
  • Junior Boarder
Looks good Roge, i also have the same rack good quality item, i was wondering how many 28lt tanks you planned on putting on the bike till i read your list and realised the fitted tank was 17lts, do you have rad gaurds, do they fit with 17lt? if you were thinking of selling the 17lt i would be interested, love the tank bags, ps see my other post in dual purp tyres, cheers Tony

Re: Took some picks day if you want alook 9 years, 2 months ago #2313

• Roge
  • Expert Boarder
  • What to ride today?
CH4MAN wrote:
Looks good Roge, i also have the same rack good quality item, i was wondering how many 28lt tanks you planned on putting on the bike till i read your list and realised the fitted tank was 17lts, do you have rad gaurds, do they fit with 17lt? if you were thinking of selling the 17lt i would be interested, love the tank bags, ps see my other post in dual purp tyres, cheers Tony

No radator guards thought abot them, the tank seems to do a fair job of protecting them althogh I have no prectical expereience, perhaps somebody will be more informed.What fits under there an offers waht sort of protection as there is not a lot of space.
I have thought of selling the 17ltr to part finance a 28 ltr tank
If there is a 50/50 chance of gettingb the right answer how come there is a 90% chance of getting it wrong

Re: Took some picks day if you want alook 9 years, 2 months ago #2314

• Grumpy
  • Senior Boarder
Bike looks nicely setup for long trips. Just looking at your pictures and was wondering if the front tire has been put on the wrong way? Your back tire going by the tread shape looks like its right. I might be wrong but the front and rear tires pattern are facing in the opposite directions.

Re: Took some picks day if you want alook 9 years, 2 months ago #2315

• Roge
  • Expert Boarder
  • What to ride today?
Grumpy wrote:
Bike looks nicely setup for long trips. Just looking at your pictures and was wondering if the front tire has been put on the wrong way? Your back tire going by the tread shape looks like its right. I might be wrong but the front and rear tires pattern are facing in the opposite directions.

No all is by the arrows however some swear by fitting the front one th eother way around makes it quieter on the road, but with the DRZ a bit of tyre noise is going to make no odds, thanks for bringing it up though

Re: Took some picks day if you want alook 9 years, 2 months ago #2317

• wayno
  • Platinum Boarder
Hi roge , clearly your setting up to do some long trips ? have you planned anything yet .. Can i suggest when you do have a good think about which tyre levers you carry , i got a flat tyre out in the otways last week and what i thought were good levers turned out to be very average ..I ended up pinching my spare tube and that ended the day out . Your bike is looking good . I have a 17 ltr tank and that will get you nearly 400 klm ..

Re: Took some picks day if you want alook 9 years, 2 months ago #2321

• Roge
  • Expert Boarder
  • What to ride today?
wayno wrote:
Hi roge , clearly your setting up to do some long trips ? have you planned anything yet .. Can i suggest when you do have a good think about which tyre levers you carry , i got a flat tyre out in the otways last week and what i thought were good levers turned out to be very average ..I ended up pinching my spare tube and that ended the day out . Your bike is looking good . I have a 17 ltr tank and that will get you nearly 400 klm ..

I have thought of tyre irons but as to which are "good" I'm open to guidance. Having come from a BMW GSA I do miss the tubeless tyres.

The Otways is a top spot(s) and a much preferable route to the Great Ocean road now with all it speed limits double lines police and caravans .............
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.16 seconds