you are here:
Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

Cruisey/Relaxed Riders. Hunter Valley or around.
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Share your modifications both the ones that worked and ones not worth doing.
  • Page:

TOPIC: Cruisey/Relaxed Riders. Hunter Valley or around.

Cruisey/Relaxed Riders. Hunter Valley or around. 8 years, 5 months ago #1663

Gday all,

Im a rider from the hunter valley, newish to bikes (had mine a year), and am looking for some people to do a few cruisier type rides.

The blokes I normally go with go hard... very, very hard! (Last ride with some of them I came off and ruptured a kidney and dislocated a shoulder, thank god one was an ambo, all good now though!) and im looking to find some more relaxed riders. Im happy with a bit of single trail, but prefer the rougher fire trail type rides or even longer 2 day or similar.

I'm 28 and dont mind riding with anyone as long as we look out for one another. I'm willing to travel and might have a few blokes willing to tag along as well.

If anyone is interested give me a yell, and the more the merrier, even if anyone knows a few good spots.

Ta,

Ride safe!

Re:Cruisey/Relaxed Riders. Hunter Valley or around. 8 years, 5 months ago #1675

• skotti
  • Fresh Boarder
I currently have a KLR 650 but I am in the market for a new DRZ400E later this year.

I like the more cruisey rides as well - I need to get home safe or my wife and daughters would not be impressed (they don't like bikes).

So I will keep an eye on this thread. With all the DRZ400E's being sold there must be a few riders about in NSW.

I also had a look at taking the bike to some motorbike parks to improve my skills without running into 4WD's (and other bikes) coming the other way.

A couple I have heard about are:
www.lochmaree.com.au
www.louee.net.au

They are basically large working farms, so they have enough room to do long one-way tracks for motorbikes only (no 4WD's yeah!)

My thought was to trailer the bike to the park and do a day run and drive back later afternoon.

Let me know if anyone is interested?

BTW - my KLR is setup for dirt, so I would use it before I get the DRZ. The KLR is just a bit heavy on the arms.

Cheers

Skotti

Re:Cruisey/Relaxed Riders. Hunter Valley or around. 8 years, 5 months ago #1678

• Kummo
  • Senior Boarder
  • 2010 DRZ400E
Those two places look grouse, does any one know if there is anything like that in Victoria?

Re:Cruisey/Relaxed Riders. Hunter Valley or around. 8 years, 5 months ago #1679

• Good
  • Gold Boarder
I usually ride Nerong or Stroud but most....pratically all of my riding group have gone racing enduro now.

I am hoping to be able to go for a ride on Sat 14th May after lunch for a few hours (if I can find some riding buds). Probably head to wallaroo (near the terrace) for a look though I don't like riding there too much as the terrain is not as interesting as other places.

Stroud is a great ride but if it rains the clay surface is deadly slippery in places, Nerong is better in the wet if you avoid the western end of the fenceline.

I prefer to ride safely than ride flat out everywhere, which is why I like tighter more technical stuff.

Re:Cruisey/Relaxed Riders. Hunter Valley or around. 8 years, 5 months ago #1687

Gday Good.

I might be up for a quick squirt on the 14th if your still thinking of heading out to Wallaroo, I might even have a few more blokes willing and free. Ive been out there a few times (my father in law has a property backing on to it) but I wouldn't say I know it well.

Anyway, let me know if your still thinking of itand we'll make some plans.

Boom (Ian)

Re:Cruisey/Relaxed Riders. Hunter Valley or around. 8 years, 5 months ago #1695

• Wadey
  • Junior Boarder
Hey Ian,
I'll give you a heads up next time I'm heading out to Medowie State Forest.
Cheers,
Phil

Re:Cruisey/Relaxed Riders. Hunter Valley or around. 8 years, 5 months ago #1704

• daz80j
  • Expert Boarder
  • DRZ 400E 2005
hey guys i wouldnt mind coming up for a ride one weekend...i live in sydney so i would need a bit of notice but im planning on moving up medowie way in the next couple of years and wouldnt mind testing the bush out first

Re:Cruisey/Relaxed Riders. Hunter Valley or around. 8 years, 5 months ago #1709

Im keen whenever, thanks Phil.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.18 seconds