Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

Oil change on DRZ400e
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Oil change on DRZ400e

Oil change on DRZ400e 7 years, 9 months ago #1454

Hi all,
have not long bought a DRZ 400e 2002 model and am really impressed with it.I've never been the most mechanical guy and need to probably do an oil change as I'm not sure when the last owner did one. Is there anything tricky with it? Is it just a matter of undoing the big bolt underneath and draining oil?. How much should go back in? I assume there's no dip sticks on these bikes. Thanks

Re:Oil change on DRZ400e 7 years, 9 months ago #1456

Hi, Got a 02 model the same. I warm the bike first, than drain from 3 points, the bottom of the frame, the crankcase and the bolt below the fitler. Then remove and replace the filter, and the bolt below. Replace the other 2 bolts and fill from the dipstick cap in the top of the frame near the radiator. (right). from memory, 800ml, but you might want to check. Warm up and test he oil level on the dipstick. Dont bother checking the dipstick if the bike is cold. Hope this helps.

Re:Oil change on DRZ400e 7 years, 9 months ago #1460

• mickxr6
  • Senior Boarder
Just make sure you put the rubber O ring in front of the filter where it came off and all will be sweet ;)

Re:Oil change on DRZ400e 7 years, 9 months ago #1461

• wayno
  • Platinum Boarder
Pretty sure its 1700ml without replacing the oil filter and 1800ml when replacing oil filter ,dont heat the motor up to much and burn your hand , the oil can come out fairly fast ... cheers..

Re:Oil change on DRZ400e 7 years, 8 months ago #1490

• jonnydrz
  • Junior Boarder
yes it is 1700ml without filter change 1800ml with filter change.....i wouldnt like to be the drz that is only getting 800ml of oil :ohmy:

Re:Oil change on DRZ400e 7 years, 8 months ago #1491

• drztroy
  • Gold Boarder
8oo mls??? that might explain some of the TICKING
noises were all hearing about ,

Re:Oil change on DRZ400e 7 years, 8 months ago #1492

• jonnydrz
  • Junior Boarder
drztroy wrote:
8oo mls??? that might explain some of the TICKING
noises were all hearing about ,

i reckon be more then TICKING with 800mls prob some grinding and rattling going on aswell. :laugh:
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.34 seconds