you are here:
Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

Engine failure
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: Engine failure

Re:Engine failure 7 years, 7 months ago #1075

I have been going through everything that came with the bike and I did not recieve any warranty booklet. Did anyone else? Would love a copy if anyone would scan it for me?

If the bikes don't come with a booklet, then can i assume that it is an unconditional warranty.

Re:Engine failure 7 years, 7 months ago #1076

• scotty
  • Expert Boarder
No such thing as an unconditional warranty. It will have conditions such as the bike is serviced by an approved mechanic and it is not used outside it's intended purpose. Any modifications made to the bike can also affect the warranty. Surely they have given you a reason as to why they have dishonoured the warranty, if not find out why.

Re:Engine failure 7 years, 7 months ago #1077

• Rocker
  • Expert Boarder
  • Never enough time to ride.
Sorry to here the bad news mate.

Fist thing you should do is ask the dealer to supply in writing why the warrenty has been voided. They have to do this by law, they cannot void it by spoken word to the customer.

Second if they are to blame any modification you may have made they need to clearly express how and why that single modification has caused the failure of the engine thus voiding the warranty in writing.

If the dealer or suzuki aust call bluff on this go home and ring the ACCC imediatly and make a complaint against both parties. The ACCC will frown upon warranty cancelation without reason.

This may all sound severe but they hope that you may go home and just give up instead of pushing for your legal rights.

Dont give up mate,
Let us know if you need any help and how you go. ;)
4 wheels moves the body, 2 wheels moves the soul.

Re:Engine failure 7 years, 7 months ago #1079

• wayno
  • Platinum Boarder
Sorry if i missed it , but what did they say is actually wrong with the bike ... As far as i know the dealer has to supply the labour to fix the bike and suzuki has to supply the parts , if you have not actually spoken to suzuki Australia yet , then maybe do that and see what they have to say ???.. It all comes down to what is wrong with the bike , its that simple .. If some thing inside the motor has broken and caused damage , then its got to be fixed under warranty .. Having said that there are a few things that would allow them not honour the warranty , such as using the wrong oil , not getting your services done ,..
good luck with it all ...

Re:Engine failure 7 years, 7 months ago #1080

• p-dog
  • Fresh Boarder
same thing happened with my ps3 but it was 1 and half years out of warranty and they still replaced it(only after i become a pain in the arse to them) there is a clause in the accc that covers you for this give me a message if you want and i will try and find it
p-dog

Re:Engine failure 7 years, 7 months ago #1081

• wayno
  • Platinum Boarder
Random.. I was just looking back over threads to see how old your bike was and noticed , about for months ago you started a thread about a noise or knock in your motor , and had some one look at it (hopefully your dealer) if so this might help .. perhaps print a copy its got the date on it ..You might need to use it at a later date .. cheers ..

Re:Engine failure 7 years, 7 months ago #1082

• daz80j
  • Expert Boarder
  • DRZ 400E 2005
whats wrong with the bike......before we make judgement on anyone, remember this is the internet. big companies dont like being slandered on what they consider as media. im sure they monitor websites like this even if its just for feedback....................a mate at work lost his job and is being taken to court over saying some bullshit on facebook about the company i work for,.......but all in all if this is legit then suzuki have some answering to do and i think as DRZ400 fans we should stand together and help our fellow owners out, because after all they are getting fatter pockets off our comments and refering others to there product........WHATS WRONG WITH THE BIKE

Re:Engine failure 7 years, 7 months ago #1084

• Roge
  • Expert Boarder
  • What to ride today?
I had a warranty issue with Aprilia so having advised them and the dealers that I reserve the right to park on a public road or place and talk to anyone that would listen, I parked the bike at bike meets and meeting places with a sign on it explaining the problem and also turned up out side dealers parked on the public road and spoke to customers and potential customers about the way I had been treated and the issue with the bike.
I was at great pains to point out to any dealer that tried to do something that there was nothing they could do about someone speaking the truth in a public place and anyway why were they and their supplier not as proud to have sold me one of their finest as I would like to be possessing it.
Whilst I was under no illusions that I was going to hurt a multi million $ business, it was the importer who contacted me with a resolution based on dealer compliants, providing that I signed to say that I would stop.
If there is a 50/50 chance of gettingb the right answer how come there is a 90% chance of getting it wrong

Re:Engine failure 7 years, 7 months ago #1085

• wayno
  • Platinum Boarder
Roge , good for you , more people should do things like that ...Oh and remind me to never sell you anything , ha ha ha ..

Re:Engine failure 7 years, 7 months ago #1086

• Rocker
  • Expert Boarder
  • Never enough time to ride.
Daz i think we all would like to know what is wrong with it and how it happened none more so than random dude but if the dealer or suzi aus dont forward this info, action should be taken.

I dont think any of us have blamed or bad mouthed the dealer or suzi aus but im sure if it happenened to any of us we would be right royally pissed of with being told no warranty. Sometimes the only way to get anything done is go straight to the top, accc, and give them a shove.
Not having a go mate but it is a cause of concern to all of us if this is the way we are treated by dealers when something like this happens.

Cheers :)
4 wheels moves the body, 2 wheels moves the soul.

Re:Engine failure 7 years, 7 months ago #1087

• daz80j
  • Expert Boarder
  • DRZ 400E 2005
Rocker wrote:
Daz i think we all would like to know what is wrong with it and how it happened none more so than random dude but if the dealer or suzi aus dont forward this info, action should be taken.

I dont think any of us have blamed or bad mouthed the dealer or suzi aus but im sure if it happenened to any of us we would be right royally pissed of with being told no warranty. Sometimes the only way to get anything done is go straight to the top, accc, and give them a shove.
Not having a go mate but it is a cause of concern to all of us if this is the way we are treated by dealers when something like this happens.

Cheers :)

thats cool....im just saying heads up before anyone does say anything....like i said my mate at work said something thing that wasnt even that bad on facebook and is getting dragged through court and his lawyer says he dosnt have a leg to stand on.....so before we get the picket signs out.....whats wrong with the bike so we can help

Re:Engine failure 7 years, 7 months ago #1092

• wayno
  • Platinum Boarder
Probably a good thought Daz , its not even my bike and we dont know whats wrong with it yet , but so far it makes you feel angry , a bit premature i know ... Anyway lets hope things work out ok for Random ..

Re:Engine failure 7 years, 7 months ago #1166

• drztroy
  • Gold Boarder
why hasnt the answere been give of WHATS WRONG WITH THE BIKE yet?

Re:Engine failure 7 years, 7 months ago #1168

Sorry to leave people hanging - its been a crazy few weeks.

Essentially the bike has melted the piston and damaged the cylinder. Despite promises and assurances from the dealer I have not been given any more info then that and no pictures.

I finally managed to get through to Suzuki Australia and spoke the Irene Price - customer relations manager and she informed that they were not sure what caused the failure, but as the bike was "significantly modified" by the addition of the safari tank (even though there is no evidence that the tank caused the problem) that suzuki considered that the warranty was void. This is despite the tank being bought with the bike at the time of sale with no notification from the dealer that this would void warranty.

I could not be more pissed off! The DRZ has a strong reputation for reliability, but i guess mine was built at 4.30pm on a friday and suzuki is weazeling out of what i think is their responsibility. This is my third suzuki motorcycle and i also have a suzuki outboard and so think that i have shown considerable loyalty, but my relationship with suzuki ends now.

Anyone want to buy a slightly used DRZ400? low km's, only one small problem with the bike - its a lemon!

Re:Engine failure 7 years, 7 months ago #1169

• wayno
  • Platinum Boarder
Sorry to hear that Random .. Why would the dealer want to give you a picture of the motor ?? .. Why not just take you out to the work shop and show you the bike ? Im sure safari tanks would not be pleased to hear this (Irene Price) say that about there tanks ... I have one sitting on my bike at the moment , waiting to go away for a trip at xmas ??? Perhaps i should ring Irene and ask her if it would be wise to take it of ?..The addition of a safari tank will not hurt yours or anyones bike .. If the dealer cant tell you what went wrong with the motor after pulling it down, your in the wrong shop for a start .. You really need to find out what went wrong with the motor , and not be kept in the dark ... Perhaps take the bike some where else where everything isnt a secret ? .... good luck Random ..
Time to create page: 0.30 seconds