Login form

Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

grease nipples
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: grease nipples

Re:grease nipples 7 years, 11 months ago #1063

Nope steering lock is still there. the nipple is not in the middle BTW but more towards the top.

Re:grease nipples 7 years, 11 months ago #1064

attempt at pic attachment

Re:grease nipples 7 years, 11 months ago #1065

well that didn't seem to work, any hints on posting a pic?

Re:grease nipples 7 years, 11 months ago #1066

• wayno
  • Platinum Boarder
There is a section here some where that runs you threw the process of posting pics ??? (shouldnt be to hard to find) .. The picture isnt that important , now just dont forget to put grease in it .. If i ever have to replace my head stem bearings , ill look at putting one or maybe two there .. Seems like a good idea to have one there to me .. cheers ..

Re:grease nipples 6 years, 9 months ago #2343

• Rocker
  • Expert Boarder
  • Never enough time to ride.
Does anyone know where I can get a new grease nipple( think there called zerk fittings) from.
Went to supercheap but they had different threads. Would the bike shop carry them?
Only need one, looks like a.stick may have named into it and pulled the top part out.

Cheers.
4 wheels moves the body, 2 wheels moves the soul.

Re:grease nipples 6 years, 9 months ago #2352

• wayno
  • Platinum Boarder
One would think the bike shop should have them , give them a call ..

Re:grease nipples 6 years, 9 months ago #2353

• Rocker
  • Expert Boarder
Dropped into the bike shop this arvo, took them half hour to find it on the computer in the bike breakdowns they have. Had to go back to a 05 model to find the part. All later bikes don't have them according to the parts list.
Should be the same size, they use a funny thread on them.

Cheers.

Re:grease nipples 6 years, 8 months ago #2412

• Roy
  • Senior Boarder
Just wanted to check if anyone else out there has a problem getting grease into the shock bearing? It's the grease nipple that sits on top of the swing arm and is probably the most accessible of the lot. I can get grease in to all other bearings no probs but have never been able to get any grease into this one. I've replaced the nipple (and yes had to get it from the bike shop).

Any ideas as to what might be the problem?

Btw, I grease all of them after every second ride. One of the best things about the DRZ is the fact they have nipples on these bearings.

Re:grease nipples 6 years, 8 months ago #2421

• Rocker
  • Expert Boarder
You could try getting a small flat screwdriver and push in the ball to make sure its not stuck.
You can get a small tool on eBay that forces a small amount of grease through to unblock the grease nipple aswell, if that's the problem though.

Definatly easy to give it a quick grease after a ride, one of the things I like about the bike also.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.27 seconds