Swing Arm Grease Nipples
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Swing Arm Grease Nipples

Swing Arm Grease Nipples 1 year, 1 month ago #5588

• BMSteve
  • Junior Boarder
Greetings All
So I've been busy doing house renovations for a while now and have finally finished
so have started on Dr Zed

Got it all stripped down to the chassis and the motor only now and been finding all the bits that need fixing

But have a question pulled down the rear suspension today and found one of the grease nipples has broken off, does anyone know what thread size and type they are, can't find that info anywhere

I'll post up some photo's soon

Cheers, BMSteve

Re: Swing Arm Grease Nipples 1 year ago #5596

• wayno
  • Platinum Boarder
Take one of the others out and take it to a nuts and bolts type shop and they will tell you what thread it is , and more than likely have a new one as well . Im guessing you have already found that the grease doesn't get in and around all the moving parts in the linkages , always a good idea to pull them apart and give them a good clean and grease .
The following user(s) said Thank You: BMSteve

Re: Swing Arm Grease Nipples 1 year ago #5597

• BMSteve
  • Junior Boarder
Thanks, I was going to try and order online, easier for me but I think I have no choice, I was hoping they were metric but no such luck, also a timely reminder, I'm off to Sydney tomorrow sao will take one with me, let you know what the thread type is

Cheers

Re: Swing Arm Grease Nipples 1 year ago #5600

• CJ
  • Expert Boarder
I would have taken a punt they'd be metric too, are you saying they aren"t?

Re: Swing Arm Grease Nipples 1 year ago #5601

• BMSteve
  • Junior Boarder
Tried metric screws into the holes, don't fit, unfortunately I didn't have time yesterday to get to the engineering supplier, I think they are some kind of tapered thread, there to small to tell

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.15 seconds