Fuel cap vent hose
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Fuel cap vent hose

Fuel cap vent hose 10 months ago #5584

• Andy1969
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi guys

I have just got a lovely DRZ400e, my question is that the hose is missing from the gas cap, I have got some hose here but I dont know where the hose is routed to from the fuel cap, any help will be very gratefully received

Re: Fuel cap vent hose 9 months, 4 weeks ago #5585

• CJ
  • Expert Boarder
I don't have my bike here to check but, off memory, mine clips onto another hose that runs down the lhs of the instruments and I'm pretty sure it's the brake hose. I don't know if this is standard or not but its looks it.

Re: Fuel cap vent hose 9 months, 4 weeks ago #5586

I bought a small piece of hose with a small filter on it,it's about 2 inches tall and it just pushes onto the vent hole.Got it from MCAS in Dandenong.To much crap,moisture can get into the fuel without one.

Re: Fuel cap vent hose 9 months, 2 weeks ago #5587

Some of the short tubes come with a check valve and not a filter. Here is a little warning about the caps with the check valve. Personal experience. If you are riding and getting a lot of elevation change or riding on an extreme hot day. The tank will build pressure because, the check valve is doing its job and once the pressure gets high enough you will blow gas past the needle and seat in the carb and you will have a river coming out the bowl overflow and your bike runs rich.

Re: Fuel cap vent hose 9 months ago #5599

• BMSteve
  • Junior Boarder
Thanks for the tip about the over pressure, I have a check valve on my TTR250, it's never presented a problem, the TTR250 carbs are really good, I may route it back into the air cleaner box.

Re: Fuel cap vent hose 5 months, 2 weeks ago #5716

• Wool
  • Junior Boarder
Im pretty sure its just a breather tube. My 400e is fairly new and the hose just clips onto my handlebars.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.16 seconds