Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

Profile issues
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: Profile issues

Re: Profile issues 2 years, 6 months ago #5026

• Tahcam
  • Senior Boarder
Fantastic, how about appointing someone as an admin as well... take care of spam etc etc , have you still got your bike?

Re: Profile issues 2 years, 6 months ago #5027

• Tahcam
  • Senior Boarder
sorry just re read that... Back in Vic... sniff sniff, take us with you..

Re: Profile issues 2 years, 6 months ago #5028

Andrew,

Yes the user migration might be ideal, but re-registration will give the site a good clean up too. Would you still have email addresses for current registered users? You could advise them if the re-registration is required.

Thanks for the site too, I've learned plenty about the do's and don'ts on my DR-Z here.
Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "SH#T WHAT A RIDE!"

Re: Profile issues 2 years, 6 months ago #5029

• merretta
  • Administrator
It may end up going that way but I am going to try everything I can first even if it means writing custom sql scripts to extract the data out and insert it into the new site.

It's just not that simple as the tables between the old and new systems for the user accounts have different fields etc so I have to map what goes where.

Your welcome I only wish I wasn't without a DRZ for the last three years so that I could have put some content up.
2015 DR-Z400E, Powernow Intake, Edge LED Tail Light. Pro Taper Bars, Bark Busters, Suzuki Bash Plate, B&B case saver

Re: Profile issues 2 years, 6 months ago #5030

• merretta
  • Administrator
I will be looking for moderators/admins in the future once I get the new site up and it gets some traction.
2015 DR-Z400E, Powernow Intake, Edge LED Tail Light. Pro Taper Bars, Bark Busters, Suzuki Bash Plate, B&B case saver

Re: Profile issues 2 years, 6 months ago #5031

It's all good mate, 3 years ago I didn't even think I'd own a Bike! Sing out if you need a hand, I'm fairly new to the site but there's a few regulars and even newbies you'd be able to rely on.
Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "SH#T WHAT A RIDE!"
The following user(s) said Thank You: merretta

Re: Profile issues 2 years, 6 months ago #5032

If I can do anything to help, just let me know, seasoned rider OK with computers but no SQL writer.
Tony.
2006 DRZ400E
The following user(s) said Thank You: merretta

Re: Profile issues 2 years, 6 months ago #5033

• merretta
  • Administrator
Thanks guys for offering support.

I made a bit of progress tonight I was able to prove that copying the username and hashed password key to the new system works, not that simple as instead of being in one simple user table it now lives in three tables but I now know it is possible.

Next I will work on copying the forums over.

Starting to get excited about getting a DRZ again.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chunk020202

Re: Profile issues 2 years, 6 months ago #5037

I have sold my 2012 drz and am getting a 2015 rmx450. I would like to see the site opened up to other bikes.
cheers

Re: Profile issues 2 years, 6 months ago #5038

Theofanes,
if drz400e.com was opened up to all bikes wouldn't it be just like every other forum? The RMZ's not so bad because of the similarities but the one think I like about this site is I don't have to search to see posts about my bike because the whole site is about my bike.
Just my thoughts.

Re: Profile issues 2 years, 6 months ago #5043

valid point

Re: Profile issues 2 years, 5 months ago #5046

• Tahcam
  • Senior Boarder
Besty wrote:
I am trying to get a riders group up in SA Adelaide Hills for anyone interested? Adelaide Hills Enduro Riding Group -Facebook

How did you go with this , Have you got something up and running?

Re: Profile issues 2 years, 5 months ago #5048

G'day Andrew

I'm a newcomer and my name is Nick. Hang in there mate it's all worth the effort. I'll wait out to see what happens as I love these bikes and are keen to share the passion. I own two fairly new DSRZ400s and think their great bikes.
Take it easy.

Regards

Nick

Re: Profile issues 2 years, 5 months ago #5049

• wayno
  • Platinum Boarder
Hey Nick , you have two of them ? your as mad as me lol I have two as well .. Andrew you will have to come down geelong way , and we can make a weekend of it ??? Or get a few together and organise a ride ???

Yes mate two DRZ's 2 years, 5 months ago #5050

Yes I got two of them after my first one got stolen. I was tossing up whether to buy either a Husky 501 for local dirt riding or a Yamaha 660 Tenere for adventure touring. In the end after doing the sums I figured I could buy two new DRZ's for only a little more and set one up to do each. The best of both worlds.
Only problem was breaking the news to the missus. She didn't quite get my logic. Women hey!
Attachments:
Time to create page: 0.48 seconds