More Topics »

Login form

Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

Profile issues
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: Profile issues

Profile issues 3 years, 3 months ago #4932

Hi, I seem unable to edit my profile at the moment, is this the same for others as well?
I am also having trouble following some of the links here, several seem to be dead ends, I wonder if these two issues are related, maybe my PC?
Is anyone else experiencing this too?
2006 DRZ400E

Re: Profile issues 3 years, 3 months ago #4933

After having a look around, it appears as though I may have stumbled into a ghost town, many posts have not been answered in 8 months, 2 years etc.

I thought that considering the number of DRZ's sold in Australia, that there would be a fairly active community here, was I wrong?

What happened?

On the first page of "Recent Topics" there are some small signs of life, but by the bottom of the page the last post is 5 months and 3 days old, now that surprised me!

What can be done to resurrect this forum?
Does the Admin need help?

Suggestions anyone?

Tony.
2006 DRZ400E

Re: Profile issues 3 years, 3 months ago #4937

In total there are 78 users Online :: 1 Member and 77 Guests

Is this part of the problem? Do members simply not log in or are these genuine guests who come to see if this is a forum that may interest them, only to move on due to the apparent lack of activity?

Am I talking to myself?

Worse still, am I asking myself questions?

If I begin to answer these questions..........
2006 DRZ400E

Re: Profile issues 3 years, 3 months ago #4939

• wayno
  • Platinum Boarder
I think a few come and look and don't log on , personally I like this forum , I try and answer peoples questions when I see them , in the early days some of us had a weekend away together , there was a lot more people coming on here then .

Re: Profile issues 3 years, 3 months ago #4942

Hi Wayno, glad to see there is life here! :P

I think you're right about the lurkers not logging in, do you have a theory as to why?

Did something happen with the site like hackers, spamming etc, or did something happen to the Admin for this site?

I too like the site, it has a great layout, is user friendly, has a good casual feel about it but I can't help thinking that there should be a bucket load more traffic with the number of DRZ's sold in Australia and overseas.

I have seen your posts and it's good to see someone who is constantly trying to help others with their questions, keep it up!

Yesterday I sent the admin a message offering any help I can offer, but to be clear, I am no forum or website guru, so I will wait for a response.
I figure more "arms and legs" can't hurt and may be a great help.

Please don't take my comments as criticisms of the site, almost all of what I say is "tongue in cheek" and meant to be in good humour, it just may not come across that way sometimes.

Tony.
2006 DRZ400E

Re: Profile issues 3 years, 3 months ago #4944

• wayno
  • Platinum Boarder
Andrew will get back to you , a lot of other forums have different sections for riding areas , online stores , ect . Perhaps that might have some thing to do with it , personally this one is easy , maybe most here have had there DRZ for awhile and don't need to ask to many questions any more , and really , they don't brake down very often ? would be good to see more photo's and ride reports . If some one was to organise a ride I would be keen , an annual get together was talked about awhile back , a heap of DRZ'S together would be some thing ?

Re: Profile issues 3 years, 3 months ago #4950

I am sure he will Wayno, we all have busy lives.
2006 DRZ400E

Re: Profile issues 3 years, 2 months ago #4988

• Tahcam
  • Senior Boarder
What it boils down to as far as i can ascertain, the owner of this website was updating this page quite frequently with information and trips etc , when he was living on the east coast ( where the FUN POLICE actually let you ride bikes) , since then he moved to Shitty SA, and realised there was nowhere to ride, no one was doing day trips, consequently he sold his bike, and the forum died ! People come back now and again for a nosey, but soon realise that nothing has changed and move on ... SAD!

i could be wrong ( Not the first time ) , but thats my take on it

Re: Profile issues 3 years, 2 months ago #4989

I fear that you may be correct, I check back here often but I don't see much activity other than some tumbleweeds blowing by. :P
I still haven't heard from Andrew, but that may be because the "Private Messages" link gets a 404 error.
Attachments:
2006 DRZ400E

Re: Profile issues 3 years, 2 months ago #5005

I can't modify my profile either and yes it has been a little quiet on here lately.
Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "SH#T WHAT A RIDE!"

Re: Profile issues 3 years, 2 months ago #5006

• Besty
  • Senior Boarder
Maybe-agree it has gone quiet- I am trying to get a riders group up in SA Adelaide Hills for anyone interested? Adelaide Hills Enduro Riding Group -Facebook
Drop by & have a look if you are here in SA - not all doom & Gloom here!

Re: Profile issues 3 years, 2 months ago #5007

• Besty
  • Senior Boarder
If it has died which will be a sad thing as I agree a great format- Can we as the interested parties replicate it elsewhere & breathe new life into it?

Geeks speak up

Re: Profile issues 3 years, 2 months ago #5021

Does anyone have an email address for Andrew? No good sending an email through the website since the private message link is dead!
2006 DRZ400E

Re: Profile issues 3 years, 2 months ago #5023

Was Andrew the only admin or was there others? I've only been here for 12 months or so.
Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "SH#T WHAT A RIDE!"

Re: Profile issues 3 years, 2 months ago #5025

• merretta
  • Administrator
Hi Guys,

Yes I am still around I just pop in to clean up all the spam every couple of days.

Now just a heads up I am trying to rebuild the website from the ground up since the site has gotten so old none of the components are supported anymore and It still has some issues since the my host updated the servers.

There are many issues in trying to rebuild from the ground up using newer platforms one is being able to migrate all the user accounts etc so no one has to re register.

The same goes with all the forum posts and photos. Then there are other things to think about like should I open it up to all types of dirt bikes or should I just give in to Facebook.

If there is anyone with experience in migrating user accounts etc I would like to here from you or if anyone has any ideas for the future of the site drop me an email at This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it . If anyone has any content photos etc they would like to have posted on the main page just flick it to my email.

I do have some good news I will be buying a bike very soon so at least I can get back to putting up some fresh content and organise some rides (oh I am in Victoria now)

Once I have gotten further with the new site I will post a link and ask for some people to test there logins etc.

Thanks
Andrew
2015 DR-Z400E, Powernow Intake, Edge LED Tail Light. Pro Taper Bars, Bark Busters, Suzuki Bash Plate, B&B case saver
The following user(s) said Thank You: theofanes, Chunk020202
Time to create page: 0.39 seconds