Helmet lock
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Helmet lock

Helmet lock 7 years, 11 months ago #439

• Roge
  • Expert Boarder
  • What to ride today?
How do you get the bloody thing off, it has security bolts holding the usless thing on?
If there is a 50/50 chance of gettingb the right answer how come there is a 90% chance of getting it wrong

Re:Helmet lock 7 years, 11 months ago #441

• Slaven
  • Junior Boarder
I used a grinder with a thin cutting disk.

Re:Helmet lock 7 years, 11 months ago #442

• scotty
  • Expert Boarder
I did the same as Slaven. Took the whole thing off with an small angle grider and threw it in the bin.

Re:Helmet lock 7 years, 11 months ago #443

• wayno
  • Platinum Boarder
Knock the small centre peice out of the bolt holding the helmet lock on .....(with a small punch) ....Then use a screw driver (flat) that will fit into the centre ...... good luck

Re:Helmet lock 7 years, 11 months ago #454

• Roge
  • Expert Boarder
  • What to ride today?
Oh well I was hoping for a subtle answer so brute force it is then.

Cheers :evil: :evil:
If there is a 50/50 chance of gettingb the right answer how come there is a 90% chance of getting it wrong

Re:Helmet lock 7 years, 10 months ago #465

• Rocker
  • Expert Boarder
  • Never enough time to ride.
I was looking at it on the weekend as well, glad to here i can attack it with the grinder. ;)
4 wheels moves the body, 2 wheels moves the soul.

Re:Helmet lock 7 years, 10 months ago #541

You can buy a set of those "security" screw driver bits from Dick Smith and heaps of places. I think it's a torx bit for the helmet lock. I have some of those bits so just unscrewed the bolt :P

Re:Helmet lock 7 years, 9 months ago #714

• Roge
  • Expert Boarder
  • What to ride today?
pneumatic wrote:
You can buy a set of those "security" screw driver bits from Dick Smith and heaps of places. I think it's a torx bit for the helmet lock. I have some of those bits so just unscrewed the bolt :P

Went to attack it with a punch and hammer, put the Torx keys on the seat, bent down to have a look at what needed bashing and noticed the bloody keys had a hollow on one end, so it just un bolted, what a Richard Cranium !! :blush:
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.31 seconds