Username Password: Remember me

Exhaust
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Exhaust

Exhaust 8 years, 4 months ago #422

• wayno
  • Platinum Boarder
Just thought i might share ...... my new FMF Q4 pipe will arrive this week ....orderd from the USA ....I used the tracking num on the order to find that just short of two weeks its sitting on the docks in melbourne ....yaaa hooo The big bonus is it has only cost me $416 deliverd ... thats way less than the $750 i was quoted in the local shop here .... just got to work out how to post pictures lol lol

Re:Exhaust 8 years, 4 months ago #424

• Rocker
  • Expert Boarder
  • Never enough time to ride.
Good stuff mate. Look forward to seeing it fitted :woohoo:
4 wheels moves the body, 2 wheels moves the soul.

Re:Exhaust 8 years, 4 months ago #427

• wayno
  • Platinum Boarder
Exhaust arrived this morning (fantastic) ....fitted in less than 15 min ....I can honestly say i feel the difference in power ....... not rip ya arms of suff ...... but now easerly lifts the front wheel in 3rd with no clutch ......... with a 44 rear and 14 front sprocket ..... and a bit less niose than the standerd with a few holes drilled slightly bigger in the baffle ........all in all well worth the money .........cheers Wayno

Re:Exhaust 8 years, 4 months ago #429

• scotty
  • Expert Boarder
Sounds nice Wayno. FMF make nice pipes, I had one on my old XR. Now we just needs some pics, ya can't add bling to ya bike and not show it off to the world.

Re:Exhaust 8 years, 4 months ago #433

• Rocker
  • Expert Boarder
Good stuff mate, would love to see some pics and here your thoughts. :)

Re:Exhaust 8 years, 4 months ago #435

• wayno
  • Platinum Boarder
Hi guys .... Im working on the pictures ???...... I guess unlike a WR or a CRF (where there is a lot of money spent on performance and pipes) the DR has a lot of room for improvement in this area ........At first the idea of getting the pipe ? was all about loosing some wieght off the bike .......but the difference in power has really surprised me .... If i had of known before it would have been the first mod i would have done ..... 5min on the computer ...two weeks later .... the delivery driver walks up the drive and hands it to ya ....the only hard thing about it is comeing up with the $416 ....Fitted perfectly ....

Re:Exhaust 8 years, 3 months ago #488

• wayno
  • Platinum Boarder
Hopefully pictures should be in photo gallery ????????????

Re:Exhaust 8 years, 3 months ago #492

• Rocker
  • Expert Boarder
Wayno the photos are there mate, nice and big as well. Looks good mate well done. Glad to here your happy with it.

Nice rack as well ;).

I take it the yami is another of your bikes? Good bikes those fazors, ill be looking at the new 800 next year.

I also like the cupboards with the holden insignia in them, you must be a good bloke :dry:

Re:Exhaust 8 years, 3 months ago #493

• wayno
  • Platinum Boarder
Thanks Rocker .........Yes the fz1 is a nice bike ..... takes a bit to get used to it again after riding the DR ........ The racks are just some thing to keep me busy on the wet and cold days .........There really not that hard to make ...... It will be interesting to see weather yamaha put some of the cheaper parts on the FZ8 (swing arm ect) like the FZ6 ?????? hope not ........ Have you had a ride on the FZ1 ?? ..... The one in the photo is the second FZ1 ... the first i wrote off .... it was a bit of a mess ... cheers

Re:Exhaust 7 years, 5 months ago #1794

• Good
  • Gold Boarder
wayno wrote:
Hi guys .... Im working on the pictures ???...... I guess unlike a WR or a CRF (where there is a lot of money spent on performance and pipes) the DR has a lot of room for improvement in this area ........At first the idea of getting the pipe ? was all about loosing some wieght off the bike .......but the difference in power has really surprised me .... If i had of known before it would have been the first mod i would have done ..... 5min on the computer ...two weeks later .... the delivery driver walks up the drive and hands it to ya ....the only hard thing about it is comeing up with the $416 ....Fitted perfectly ....

Hey Wayno,
Was wondering what the weight saving was?
Goodie

Re:Exhaust 7 years, 5 months ago #1800

• wayno
  • Platinum Boarder
I didnt actually weigh the pipe ? but im thinking about two kilo .. if thats any help ... I was just keen to put it on when it arrived lol

Re:Exhaust 7 years, 5 months ago #1802

• Good
  • Gold Boarder
So is it noticably different to the stock one??

Re:Exhaust 7 years, 5 months ago #1806

• wayno
  • Platinum Boarder
Sorry for the late reply .. yeah the fmf is a lot lighter , sounds better , and i did notice a big difference in power .Normally i would be the last to say a pipe will make such a difference but ? my bike had been rejetted and tuned for a derestricted standard pipe , and at the time i had the restricter in .. Once the fmf was on i had the full advantage of both .Holding the pipe in your hands you will notice a big difference to the stock one , once on the bike you cant tell .. cheers .

Re:Exhaust 7 years, 5 months ago #1809

• Kummo
  • Senior Boarder
  • 2010 DRZ400E
Hey Wayno,

Have you got a part number for it and link to site where you got it from?

Re:Exhaust 7 years, 5 months ago #1811

• wayno
  • Platinum Boarder
Got the pipe of ebay , there a bit cheaper at the moment as well ,moved house since i got it but i know i will have paper work some where , ill look about as soon as get a chance .. I remember when i got it there were a few on ebay about the same price but the shipping was cheaper on mine .. (check out shipping costs) ..I would recomend the Q4 pipe not the other cheaper one from FMF , the Q4 is not as loud .. Looking at the prices on ebay at the moment you should get one at your door for under $400. (slip on) only of course ..Thats about a saving of $300 plus from a dealer here ???????????????????? .. good luck let me know how you go .. cheers..
  • Page:
Time to create page: 2.28 seconds