• Page:

TOPIC: Sprockets

Re: Sprockets 4 years, 5 months ago #3997

Nice to see ya Johnny J :-P lol
n00b rider but, keen as mustard to learn more :thumbs:

Re: Sprockets 4 years, 5 months ago #3999

• Stricko
  • Expert Boarder
I currently run the stock 14/47 and it suits most places I ride, I dont need to get there at 130kms hr but know that I can climb mountains with the gearing. I used to play alot on the hills and ran a 13/47 which was grreat unless you wanted to go over 90kms hr. In saying all of that I have 3 x full sets of wheels and have just purchased a 44 to go on one spare wheel to see how that runs as a 14/44 combo.. Oh and if anyone wants my other spare set of wheels ??? shoot me a MSG :)
Cheers
Stricko
Just another happy DRZ'er :) with just about all the mods done I need ( or that the wife will allow)

Re: Sprockets 4 years, 5 months ago #4001

Yep, it all coems down to how you like to ride. I hate changing gears every 3seconds when im dirt squirting so i chose a little more suttle geatring. Plus if you want to poke out a corner just drop it in to first or second and fan the clucth a little bit. Normally i dont use the clutch at all when blurting through the dirt, not even down shifting. Its getting stinking hot up here as well for bush bashing so havnt been for a while.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.47 seconds