Stalling Issues
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Stalling Issues

Stalling Issues 5 years, 6 months ago #3723

• Wasca
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi Guys

My near new DRZ400e has started stalling on me. I was just testing it moments ago.

While sitting in neutral not moving and idling a warm motor if I give it a heap of throttle quickly it stalls, like it's drowning in fuel?

The air filter is perfectly clean so I'm confident it's not a air issue there.

I have not modded the stand switch and I'm pretty sure that's not the issue.

I've also noticed that some times it just stalls while sitting at idle in first gear with the clutch pulled in. Now this only just started happening after filling up from a bowser just outside of Woodford, so could it just be a bad batch of fuel?

Wasca

Re: Stalling Issues 5 years, 6 months ago #3724

• wayno
  • Platinum Boarder
Could be the fuel, but i dont think so . The S model i had did that and so did the SM and now the same with the E model , if the bike is warmed up properly or you have been riding for a bit, it is a lot less likely to do that . Not sure why ? If you hold the revs up slightly then give it a hand full you shouldnt have a problem .

Re: Stalling Issues 5 years, 6 months ago #3726

• Bala
  • Expert Boarder
it sounds like you have two questions,

one it stall when given full throttle from idle, as Wayno said that is normal. Mine does that. But as wayno said, have it a bit above idle and it should take full throttle.

Stalling out from idle is another matter. I would check contents of fuel tank and drain/check carb.

Re: Stalling Issues 5 years, 6 months ago #3731

I think you will find they will all do that, they are carby!

Re: Stalling Issues 5 years, 6 months ago #3732

• Bala
  • Expert Boarder
deearezed wrote:
I think you will find they will all do that, they are carby!

its not that they are carbed, plenty of carbed engines will take full throttle off idle, its just that they are not high performance highly tuned engines.

I am sure it could be tuned out of them if you really wanted to, but its not necessary. If they are running right they will take full throttle from just above idle.

I have just read that the stalling at idle is with the clutch in,in gear. So there may be a clutch adjustment issue?

Re: Stalling Issues 5 years, 6 months ago #3737

Still not gonna be as responsive as efi

Re: Stalling Issues 5 years, 6 months ago #3747

• Bala
  • Expert Boarder
deearezed wrote:
Still not gonna be as responsive as efi

Not sure what you are trying to say?

I was not commenting the pros / cons of EFI V Carb.

I just posted that, IMO, your post that OPs WOT off idle stalling issue, being due to the bike being carbed, was not correct.

Re: Stalling Issues 5 years, 6 months ago #3749

I'm saying that efi would not bog down.. I have not had a carby bike that hasn't bogged when cracking open the throttle from idle, but just above idle is fine

Re: Stalling Issues 5 years, 6 months ago #3750

I agree with you in saying that it may be able to be tuned out, but would take a lot of stuffing around. If its the small amount that mine does it I wouldn't even bother
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.27 seconds