Handle Bars - Whats the dux nuts on the DRZ 400e
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Handle Bars - Whats the dux nuts on the DRZ 400e

Handle Bars - Whats the dux nuts on the DRZ 400e 7 years, 1 month ago #321

• wallys1
  • Fresh Boarder
Lads,

Everything I read suggests that the standard factory bars are crap!. Im about to purchase a new drz, and am thinking of getting the good bars fitted straight up when they fit the bark busters.

Pro Tapers?? or is there a better option out there? I note that alot have said they find the standard height to low, so if you've found they needed risers, Id be keen to know what height you thought was perfect?

Cheers for any input guys!

Re:Handle Bars - Whats the dux nuts on the DRZ 400e 7 years, 1 month ago #324

• scotty
  • Expert Boarder
I have Renthal Jimmy Button bend on mine. Like you said I had them fitted at the dealer when new. They have been on the bike 2 years now and survived plenty of crashes.

Whatever bars you get get a nice high bend, makes the DRZ much better to ride when standing

Re:Handle Bars - Whats the dux nuts on the DRZ 400e 7 years, 1 month ago #325

• wallys1
  • Fresh Boarder
Cheers Scotty,

Appreciate the assistance mate

Re:Handle Bars - Whats the dux nuts on the DRZ 400e 7 years, 1 month ago #326

I got renthals put on mine at the dealier with a 1 inch riser. I would have liked to go higher but there is not much slack in the cables and i didnt want to buy and replace new cables.

Re:Handle Bars - Whats the dux nuts on the DRZ 400e 7 years, 1 month ago #330

• daz80j
  • Expert Boarder
  • DRZ 400E 2005
i got andy reed pro tapers with the raisers aswell and cant fault them....i think what ever brand get them raised and get the rear suspension done so it dont sag on you in six months.....other than that a nice bike

Re:Handle Bars - Whats the dux nuts on the DRZ 400e 7 years ago #405

• Rocker
  • Expert Boarder
  • Never enough time to ride.
I picked up my pro tapers this arvo, henry/reed bend. Think i will get 1inch risers aswell as i am slighty vertically challenged :blush: .

Hopefully ill have time to fit this weekend.
4 wheels moves the body, 2 wheels moves the soul.

Re:Handle Bars - Whats the dux nuts on the DRZ 400e 7 years ago #406

• daz80j
  • Expert Boarder
  • DRZ 400E 2005
henry reed.....andy reed.....close...lol anyway nice bar, definetly get them raised

Re:Handle Bars - Whats the dux nuts on the DRZ 400e 7 years ago #407

• drztroy
  • Gold Boarder
rocker you will need to get raisers anyway mate, the reed bend bars are fatter than standard im pretty sure so i dont think they will fit bettwen the holders

Re:Handle Bars - Whats the dux nuts on the DRZ 400e 7 years ago #447

• Dano
  • Expert Boarder
Rocker - I have gone through 2 sets now, stock, TAG X5. I just fitted the Pro Taper contour fat bars Pastrana bend (highest bend as I'm over 6 feet) and they are outstanding. Keeps my elbows up sitting and standing, feel great and are tough....
Dan
09 Doctor

Re:Handle Bars - Whats the dux nuts on the DRZ 400e 7 years ago #466

• Rocker
  • Expert Boarder
Dano how come you changed them? Did you not like the others or was there another reason?

I am going to hold off a bit and save some coin for a steering dampener and mount kit. Find the bike has a fair bit of headshake and i dont really like that.

Re:Handle Bars - Whats the dux nuts on the DRZ 400e 7 years ago #467

• Dano
  • Expert Boarder
I was struggling riding some of the hills and had some assistance from others who rode my bike for me and told me they were shite...I had 1 1/4 risers as well and it was all over the shop. I was told to lose these as well.

So after a few more rides (after I saved some coin) I changed them out for the pastrana taper bars and with the fat bar adaptors they feel great - and I got up that silly hill (but I also put pirelli scorpions on as well).
These are the highest bend as well due to my height I think the reed/henry are slightly less of a bend.
Dan
09 Doctor

Re:Handle Bars - Whats the dux nuts on the DRZ 400e 7 years ago #468

• Rocker
  • Expert Boarder
Cheers for the quick reply Dano.
Maybe i should just buy some adaptors and try the bars and see what difference it makes before spending hundreds on a dampener. Would like some new rubber but thats going to have to wait.

Re:Handle Bars - Whats the dux nuts on the DRZ 400e 7 years ago #470

• Dano
  • Expert Boarder
yeah mate, but I went rubber before too much else...

The DOTs are just sooo ordinary - the Pirrellis are great off road. I got the just legal MX (mid hard) one on the rear and it handles the road nice as well.

I seen a few places advertise the dunlops on special for $78 this month

dunno if there any good - I think Merretta wrote up something on this site about the dunlops??

Dunno if I'll look at a dampner just yet, still got exhaust, tank, GPS blah blah to go
Dan
09 Doctor

Re:Handle Bars - Whats the dux nuts on the DRZ 400e 6 years, 11 months ago #590

• Dano
  • Expert Boarder
Yep - had the camera handy today, so a phot of the taper bars fitted, these are the carmichael bend...recommended for taller riders

IMGP0461.jpg

IMGP0456.jpg
Dan
09 Doctor

Re:Handle Bars - Whats the dux nuts on the DRZ 400e 7 months, 2 weeks ago #5715

• Wool
  • Junior Boarder
Hey Dano im a bit confused. Did you go wity pastrana bend or carmichael? Also did you have a problem with you throttle cables too short? I have the stock bars on my 2014 drz400e but with 1 inch risers and the throttle cable sticks on at full right hand turn but it dosnt bother me.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.22 seconds