(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: General Service Info

Re: General Service Info 6 years, 4 months ago #2787

• Kummo
  • Senior Boarder
  • 2010 DRZ400E
Hey Clarky,

Where did you get the o rings and washers from?

Re: General Service Info 6 years, 4 months ago #2788

• Clarky
  • Expert Boarder
Just from the local Suzuki dealer - they are the OEM part numbers.
2000 Suzuki SV650S
1980 Honda CX500A
2007 Suzuki DRZ400E

Re: General Service Info 6 years, 4 months ago #2800

• kipo
  • Senior Boarder
My DRZ has done about 14,500 kms of hard work including competition. I've always serviced it myself. Over those 14,500 kms it's had 25 oil changes (average every 580 kms) I change the oil filter each time as well. I have never replaced the o ring behind the oil filter, frame drain bolt washer or the sump plug washer. I don't see the logic, unless the o ring is damaged or the sump plug or drain bolt is leaking why change it?
I have always run Castrol Active 4 T oil. Every few thousand kms I wash out the oil filter screen, but because of frequent oil changes it's never had any crap in it.

My service requires 1.8 lts oil an oil filter and 2 beers while I wait for the oil to drain.

Re: General Service Info 6 years, 4 months ago #2801

• KHB
  • Senior Boarder
kipo wrote:
My DRZ has done about 14,500 kms of hard work including competition. I've always serviced it myself. Over those 14,500 kms it's had 25 oil changes (average every 580 kms) I change the oil filter each time as well. I have never replaced the o ring behind the oil filter, frame drain bolt washer or the sump plug washer. I don't see the logic, unless the o ring is damaged or the sump plug or drain bolt is leaking why change it?
I have always run Castrol Active 4 T oil. Every few thousand kms I wash out the oil filter screen, but because of frequent oil changes it's never had any crap in it.

My service requires 1.8 lts oil an oil filter and 2 beers while I wait for the oil to drain.

Mines about to click 20000km. Same as above haven't changed the oring or washers. But will at next service. I usually do oil and filter every 1000-2000km depending on the riding I have been doing. I use mine as a daily commuter.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.18 seconds