Username Password: Remember me

pillion footpegs for the drz400e
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: pillion footpegs for the drz400e

pillion footpegs for the drz400e 7 years, 2 months ago #1915

• lee68
  • Junior Boarder
Would any drz400e riders out there know if and where i could buy a set of doubling footpegs so i can take the boss, i mean the wife for a ride.She has noticed the smile on my face when i come home from a ride and wants a piece of the action.

Re: pillion footpegs for the drz400e 7 years, 2 months ago #1917

• Roge
  • Expert Boarder
  • What to ride today?
The best pillion footpegs would be attached to a differnt bike

Top bit of kit the the DRZ is if you want the Mrs to be happy (read comfortable) its not the ideal steed.
If there is a 50/50 chance of gettingb the right answer how come there is a 90% chance of getting it wrong

Re: pillion footpegs for the drz400e 7 years, 2 months ago #1919

• Rocker
  • Expert Boarder
  • Never enough time to ride.
I know you can get them, best to check with your stealer, but as roge said best way is to get here own set of pegs.
She might take to back seat driving if your not careful.
4 wheels moves the body, 2 wheels moves the soul.

Re: pillion footpegs for the drz400e 7 years, 2 months ago #1922

• wayno
  • Platinum Boarder
Might have some that came of the 07 motard , ill have a look (go threw the boxes) later , where are you going to bolt them on to ?????????

Re: pillion footpegs for the drz400e 7 years, 2 months ago #1923

• merretta
  • Administrator
I do remember someone saying the alloy subframe on the DRZ E modle is not strong enough for a pillion, I am sure the boss will have a different opinion on that :) especially when she sees a picture of a DRZ fully loaded up with camping gear etc.
2015 DR-Z400E, Powernow Intake, Edge LED Tail Light. Pro Taper Bars, Bark Busters, Suzuki Bash Plate, B&B case saver

Re: pillion footpegs for the drz400e 7 years, 2 months ago #1924

• Rocker
  • Expert Boarder
www.dirtaction.com.au/_webapp_429289/The_Project_Bike_Files_-_2010_Suzuki_DRZ400?A=SearchResult&SearchID=2353910&ObjectID=429289&ObjectType=35

Read this article, its a e model and says he puts pillion pegs on for his missus.
Doesn't say where he got them from though.

Re: pillion footpegs for the drz400e 7 years, 2 months ago #1925

• merretta
  • Administrator
You can get an idea from this diagram how they bolt onto a DRZ S subframe.

www.ronayers.com/Fiche/TypeID/26/Type/Motorcycle/MakeID/2/Make/Suzuki/YearID/50/Year/2009/ModelID/8399/Model/DR-Z400S/GroupID/402001/Group/STAND

The ones in the article above just wrap around the swing arm.
2015 DR-Z400E, Powernow Intake, Edge LED Tail Light. Pro Taper Bars, Bark Busters, Suzuki Bash Plate, B&B case saver

Re: pillion footpegs for the drz400e 7 years, 2 months ago #1926

• Rocker
  • Expert Boarder
Didn't realize they were attached at the swingarm on the dirt action bike. Is that even legal?

Re: pillion footpegs for the drz400e 7 years, 2 months ago #1927

• drztroy
  • Gold Boarder
no its not dude

Re: pillion footpegs for the drz400e 7 years, 2 months ago #1937

• bundyjd
  • Senior Boarder
You can make your own brackets out of some bits of alloy, which attach to a couple of points on the rear subframe, then just drill and bolt some universal fold-up pegs to those.

I should have a copy of the template for making them somewhere, not sure how to post it up on here though.

The problem that you might run into though is that the DRZ400e is usually registered as "single", so theoretically you could get booked for having a pillion?

Re: pillion footpegs for the drz400e 7 years, 2 months ago #1939

• wayno
  • Platinum Boarder
There are small tabs , drilled and tapped on the sub frame of the S and SM model . Thats where the foot pegs are bolted to, sub frame on all three models looks about as strong as each other . Right hand foot peg has another piece on it to bolt the exhaust to . Most S and SM owners take the pegs of , cant find mine ? must have put them back on the bike when i sold it .. There is a small bracket sold on e bay to replace the removed foot peg , to bolt the exhaust to . Thats where i think the problem will be ? your exhaust and foot peg will be in the same place ? needing to be bolted to the same hole . The E model sub frame is slightly different . Hope that makes sense .

Re: pillion footpegs for the drz400e 7 years, 2 months ago #1941

• bundyjd
  • Senior Boarder
I found the template for the DZ400e pillion adaptor plates.

It's a PDF and I can't figure out how to upload it here. If anyone has somewhere to host it so it can be linked to from here let me know and i'll send it via email.

I made mine out of 6mm aluminium but took them off to fit pannier frames, so can probably take a pic of them and post it here if that helps anyone.

Re: pillion footpegs for the drz400e 7 years, 2 months ago #1943

• lee68
  • Junior Boarder
thankyou very much for all your help, I thought there might have been an after market pillion pegs available. Even the Suzuki dealer has no idea. Funny that, anyway I'll keep looking. Thanks again all that replied.

Re: pillion footpegs for the drz400e 7 years, 2 months ago #1945

• lee68
  • Junior Boarder
She already is a back seat driver,but with my helmet on i am pretty sure i wont be able to hear her,got to go i can hear footsteps.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.24 seconds