you are here:
Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

Exhausts
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: Exhausts

Exhausts 6 years, 7 months ago #1880

Hey all I bought a brand new 2010 model DRZ400E and was looking around for a new pipe to put on it. I have looked at some Leo Vince pipes but was wondering if anyone could give me some ideas or pointers and opinions on what they reckon is good or what has worked well for themselves

Cheers :)

Re:Exhausts 6 years, 7 months ago #1881

• scotty
  • Expert Boarder

Re:Exhausts 6 years, 7 months ago #1882

• merretta
  • Administrator
Hi Teastwood17,

I don't think you can go past the FMF Powercore for value and thats why you see so many DRZs with them. Myself I have the Dep S3 but if the FMF had been around at that price when I got mine I would have saved $100 and gone with the FMF.

www.ebay.com.au/itm/FMF-POWERCORE-4-SLIP-EXHAUST-SUZUKI-DRZ400-DRZ-400-E-/270621486606?pt=Motors_ATV_Parts_Accessories&hash=item3f024c2e0e#ht_3746wt_895

Whatever you go with I am sure you will happy with it compared to the original lump of steal.

merretta
2015 DR-Z400E, Powernow Intake, Edge LED Tail Light. Pro Taper Bars, Bark Busters, Suzuki Bash Plate, B&B case saver

Re:Exhausts 6 years, 7 months ago #1883

cheers

Re:Exhausts 6 years, 7 months ago #1884

You guys have already helped a heap and thanks for that but one more question.
I already have a few add ons such as Bark Busters Engine bash plate and radiator guards plus i have switched over the tail light set up and blinkers for a new set and have just recently attached a 17L Safari tank aswell... I know i have done a few mods already but wondering if you had any others that are worth doing or considering.

Thanks Again :)

Re:Exhausts 6 years, 7 months ago #1885

• wayno
  • Platinum Boarder
The wires on the cluth lever (when starting the bike) , and the one on the side stand ? .. Some thing to protect the head light is worth while , and handle bars and risers made a big difference .. cheers..

Re:Exhausts 6 years, 7 months ago #1887

Thanks again much appreciated :)

Re:Exhausts 6 years, 7 months ago #1888

• blackmozz
  • Senior Boarder
I got a full FMF system for my bike # $530 delivered in 10 days to AUS

good extra power with the bigger header/power bomb

email them to get a good combined postage deal

try these guys

www.ebay.com.au/itm/FMF-Powerbomb-Header-DRZ-400-S-00-10-DRZ400S-Suzuki-/180512771011?pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&hash=item2a07664bc3
seeyasidewayz

Re:Exhausts 6 years, 7 months ago #1889

Looks pretty good will have a look into it. May not be purchasing for a little while though but still you have helped a heap now... Thanks :)

Re:Exhausts 6 years, 6 months ago #1890

Are bar raisers really worth it? and whats the advantage or plus of having them?

Re:Exhausts 6 years, 6 months ago #1891

i have a yoshimura exhaust on mine and love it ill get them for any more bikes i ever get, im 6,2" and i put bar rises on mine and it was much more comfortable especially if you stand while riding

Re: Exhausts 6 years, 5 months ago #2002

• Good
  • Expert Boarder
Looks like luck is on my side, and I should be able to splash out shortly and buy a new exhaust system for the bike.

I am pretty much set on a full FMF system, as they are good value for money (around $500 for a full system from the US).

I don't know which slip-on to get though; the Powercore4(P4) or the Q4. I understand you can get a quiet insert for the P4 to bring it down to the same level as the Q4.

However, from what I understand, the insert for the P4 can also be put in the Q4 - is this correct???

I guess I want the bike to be reasonably quiet, but the main reason I am going to an aftermarket system is to save weight and reduce the vulnerability of the header....yeah ok, and the bling.

Any advise on either of these 2 slip-on's is appreciated.

Goodie.

Re: Exhausts 6 years, 5 months ago #2003

• Wadey
  • Junior Boarder
Bar raisers definitely worth it if you are taller than average. I am 6'5" and have 1 inch risers combined with renthal fat bars (RC high bend). Now I can comfortably stand! Such a big difference from the standard bar setup.

Re: Exhausts 6 years, 5 months ago #2006

Yea well im not very tall so maybe not the bar raisers but just a set of pro taper or renthal fat bars with a high bend in them will satisfy.

Re: Exhausts 6 years, 5 months ago #2015

Hey good,
I got the full fmf system, im running the powercore 4 and love it, sounds awesome, looks awesome and the power increase is definately felt. Ive taken the insert out which you get with the slip on. I buy all my bike stuff from america, a website called rockymountainatvmc.com. I recommend this site to everyone.
Time to create page: 0.23 seconds