Username Password: Remember me

another new drz with ticking noise
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: another new drz with ticking noise

another new drz with ticking noise 7 years, 9 months ago #1440

• jonnydrz
  • Junior Boarder
hey guys,well my drz has developed a ticking noise [430km] which sounds like its coming from top end.it only makes the noise when its warm? took bike back to dealer warmed it up there and it started making the noise and they said it definatly is not a normal noise [which i knew as i had a 06 drz and never heard it] they said it mite be the auto cam chain tensioner faulty so they ordered one and replaced it....noise still there! so after them pulling the whole top end apart searching for something that could be causing it they ended up finding nothing!!!
everything was perfect [as it should be with 430km] they contacted the main suzuki australia to see if there has been any other bikes reported with similar noise and nothing was reported.they told my dealer to tell me to keep riding it to see if the noise gets louder or something terminal happens to the bike.which i dont mind as they have confirmed if anything happens it will all be covered on warranty....just abit concerned that it may let me down in the middle of a big ride!!
has anyone else heard of this ticking noise up top once bike is warm?
cheers

Re:another new drz with ticking noise 7 years, 9 months ago #1451

• Rocker
  • Expert Boarder
  • Never enough time to ride.
Cant help you with the ticking noise mate, but im not really happy with the noise from the cam chain. just doesnt sound right to me. Mines only done 2000ks so only just run in but is definatly more noisy now. Will be replacing it with a manual tensioner.

Cheers
4 wheels moves the body, 2 wheels moves the soul.

Re:another new drz with ticking noise 7 years, 9 months ago #1457

• jonnydrz
  • Junior Boarder
yeah my noise sounds like the cam chain and i will also get a manual tensioner and stick in her....i also went for a decent trailride on thursday and never had any probs so just keep riding her and see what happens

Re:another new drz with ticking noise 7 years, 9 months ago #1462

• Rocker
  • Expert Boarder
  • Never enough time to ride.
Been doing some research on it today and it seems the newer models, after 03, had a redesigned one fitted. Seems to be more reliable and not fail, but will still stretch the chain rather quickly.
I will be getting one also.
Anyone know the best place to get them, ebay has a couple but postage is a killer from the states for it.

Cheers :)
4 wheels moves the body, 2 wheels moves the soul.

Re:another new drz with ticking noise 7 years, 9 months ago #1465

• jonnydrz
  • Junior Boarder
Rocker wrote:
Been doing some research on it today and it seems the newer models, after 03, had a redesigned one fitted. Seems to be more reliable and not fail, but will still stretch the chain rather quickly.
I will be getting one also.
Anyone know the best place to get them, ebay has a couple but postage is a killer from the states for it.

Cheers :)

yeah mate there is some on ebay from uk at moment for under $50 au dollars including post to au...heres the link...

cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=110650580605&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

going to purchase one myself now!!!
cheers :)

Re:another new drz with ticking noise 7 years, 9 months ago #1482

• Good
  • Gold Boarder
My DRZ makes a slight ticking noise noticable at idle, but I am not really worried about it. More than likely it's a cam chain noise (probably slight wear). My DR250 that I bought new in 94 did the same thing but it lasted 26000k (before I sold it) and never got worse.

My theory is that some models may have slightly more tension applied to the cam chain than others. Oil would probably have a slight impact on the noise.

It would be interested in seeing how a teflon / magnetic oil would perform.

Re:another new drz with ticking noise 7 years, 9 months ago #1485

• drztroy
  • Gold Boarder
i think the ticking noise is in 90% of drz,s , all the ones ive been around all to have a very simalar noise.
maybe we should all name it
DRZ syndrome :laugh:
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.36 seconds