Username Password: Remember me

GETTING WARMER
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: GETTING WARMER

GETTING WARMER 8 years, 2 months ago #606

• wayno
  • Platinum Boarder
Took a nice ride out today with a couple of mates ...With a little break in the rain . things dryed out a bit ... Sort of lol
bike_27.jpg
bike_26.jpg

Re:GETTING WARMER 8 years, 2 months ago #613

• daz80j
  • Expert Boarder
  • DRZ 400E 2005
cool pics man......how many k's do you get out of a safari tank when you go for a mixed ride.....Road and bush

Re:GETTING WARMER 8 years, 2 months ago #615

• wayno
  • Platinum Boarder
Hi Daz That tank is actually on a wr 450 but the bike seems to get really good milage out of it ... When i had the S model i had a safari tank on it .. And was getting 400 ks on the road .. 17 ltr .. didnt actually ride it in the bush to much so cant say how it would go .. At the moment i dont find that much difference just riding dirt tracks and roads . as to just roads .. Be assured 17 ltr will get you a long way ..You will be ready to give your backside a rest lol

Re:GETTING WARMER 8 years, 2 months ago #619

• daz80j
  • Expert Boarder
  • DRZ 400E 2005
cool....how many k's in the bush do you reckon we can get out of the standard size tank......i havent worked it out yet

Re:GETTING WARMER 8 years, 2 months ago #620

• Dano
  • Expert Boarder
I did just under 100 ks last Sunday and didn't hit reserve :)
Dan
09 Doctor

Re:GETTING WARMER 8 years, 2 months ago #621

• wayno
  • Platinum Boarder
I havent botherd to much about how many ks i can get in the bush (just to hard). I never ride the same track the same way ..And with hills and wet weather ? to much to consider ..(getting a headache thinking about it) I just check the tank every now and then and leave enough to get back to the car ...

Re:GETTING WARMER 8 years, 2 months ago #627

• daz80j
  • Expert Boarder
  • DRZ 400E 2005
yeah i got 120k in the bush the other day and still had about a quarter......im just curious i went into the blue mountains here in sydney with a full tank and was a bit paranoid about running out......the further i went in.....i reckon 150k's would be a safe bet

Re:GETTING WARMER 8 years, 2 months ago #628

I did 140kms the other day, then drained it down to the reserve level - got 1L out before the reserve. I think our tank is 10L with a 2L reserve, which means I used 7L for the 140km. Or 20km/L.

Re:GETTING WARMER 8 years, 2 months ago #630

• daz80j
  • Expert Boarder
  • DRZ 400E 2005
thats pretty good......cause 120k of bush riding is pretty full on....i was sore the next couple of days.....and by the way pneumatic.....yours is the best looking black bike i have seen....the muffler sets it off
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.21 seconds